Safari Clothes

Timeoff2fish

New member
Joined
Nov 19, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I've been looking for some shirts and pants for my trip to Namibia. I'm thinking zip off pants and Swiss sleeves for the shirts in light cotton.

Can anyone suggest a good source for safari clothes?

I've seen the TAG safari website but can anyone suggest some other sources?

Thanks.
 
Wearing a pair of loos fitting sweat pants over your shorts works well too. Once things start to warm up just pull the sweats off.
 
I have a pair of " The North face " trousers they air very well and grasses don't stick to them either. Also if they get wet they get dry rather quick , easy to wash at night and wear the next morning. They also fold up into shorts. Sorry don't know the exact models name but the color is Khaki ...

cheers
 
@Timeoff2Fish,

My dad and I have bought the 7 pocket hikers available through Cabela's. You will want 100% cotton or at least a fabric a majority of cotton in it. We also bought Cabela's "Safari" shirts in long- and short-sleeve.
 
When I hunted Zimbabwe for Cape Buffalo and Elephant I wore 5.11 Taclite Pro Pants and long sleeved shirt. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for in this case. They are very sturdy (thorns will not tear them up and all of the seams are triple stitched) yet at the same time very light and are designed for work in hot climates.
 
I wore Carhartt dungarees and they were perfect, a dark khaki pair and a mushroom/brown pair. For shirts , I have an Orvis Bush shirt that was perfect, as well as an LL bean poplin shirt that worked well. Olive is better than light khaki or the "traditional" safari khaki. Also, one of my local gun shops stocks Cedar Creek camo, out of Texas. I have thought that the colors and pattern would be a perfect match for the acacia bushes that are everywhere on the savannahs. Here is the link: Cedar Creek Camo
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,737
Members
169,135
Latest member
riemenpiori1972
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top