Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, DU
Hunted
USA, South Africa Eastern Cape
Does anyone have a great reload for the RSM 375 H&H? Or factory for that matter. I did have good groupings with the Hornady CX but their availability is limited right now. And I’m on a bit of a short fuse, leaving in 2 mos and still want to get a turret as well. Plains game this trip, 7 mag for some and 375 for the bigger animals, like Eland. Decided to do custom loads (not me but a friend does) and hoping the Accubond 260 gr with RL15 is accurate in my rifle. I do like the idea of custom loads and we’ve got the dies etc coming so ready to make them up this week and test at the range

Any help appreciated!

Given the time remaining and you depending on others it sounds to me like you also need a Plan B to fall back on.

2 boxes factory ammo. 1 box for testing here, 1 box to travel with you.

Be sure to test feeding all of box #2 from the magazine before leaving.

Given the time remaining and you depending on others it sounds to me like you also need a Plan B to fall back on.

2 boxes factory ammo. 1 box for testing here, 1 box to travel with you.

Be sure to test feeding all of box #2 from the magazine before leaving.
Good advice. I should’ve bought two boxes of the CX when I had the chance because they shoot well through it. I only bought one as I wasn’t sure how’d they’d do and didn’t know they’d be scarce when it came time. I have two boxes 300 gr Swift A’s but figure that will be my next trip Buffalo loads and since this PG trip could be lengthy Eastern Cape shooting was looking for better aerodynamics and longer range bullet.

Well, if the CXs shot well for you, then perhaps the Nosler 260 grain E-Tips factory ammo? I've never tried them, so dunno. They look readily available online.

Here's hoping Plan A works out for you.

My load with 260 Partitions in my Ruger RSM .375 H&H is 82.0 grains of H4350. Be sure to work up and watch for pressure, every gun is different. This should be a good load for the 260 AB as well... I find that you have to shoot AB's fast to get the best accuracy. Good luck.

Thanks @hoytcanon. We’ve done some loads of RL15 and a couple with IMR4064. I’ve only shot the 4064s and they did really well. Anxious to see what the RL15 does and may try your recommendation. I’m impressed how this RSM shoots, so far it’s shot the CX factory loads well and the reloads I’ve tried.

Thanks @hoytcanon. We’ve done some loads of RL15 and a couple with IMR4064. I’ve only shot the 4064s and they did really well. Anxious to see what the RL15 does and may try your recommendation. I’m impressed how this RSM shoots, so far it’s shot the CX factory loads well and the reloads I’ve tried.
I've owned and loaded for half a dozen RSM's in .375... that H4350 load held up for all of them. Used the same 82.0 grains for 250's too. Norma brass and 215 primers. I am down to only two RSM's at the moment, the .375 H&H and a .458 Lott. Great rifles, although the .375 is too nose heavy for my liking, but it is a stout, well made rifle.
20221227_142728.jpg

I've owned and loaded for half a dozen RSM's in .375... that H4350 load held up for all of them. Used the same 82.0 grains for 250's too. Norma brass and 215 primers. I am down to only two RSM's at the moment, the .375 H&H and a .458 Lott. Great rifles, although the .375 is too nose heavy for my liking, but it is a stout, well made rifle.View attachment 591192
It makes sense it’s nose heavy, same barrel with less bored out. I guess we need to try the H4350, that’s a strong endorsement. Thanks for your comments.

I think Varget might be a good powder to try as well

I shot my Eland with 300gr Swift A frame. He was 163 yards. If they shoot in your rifle no real need to shoot lighter bullets. 300 yards is not a problem for that load. My .02

I have owned many 375's but only one in RSM.................IMR 4064 was the best powder for me......by far.............good luck with the load and the hunt...........FWB

I don’t have a Ruger but have 3 different make 375s and Nosler 260 gr Part with Re 15 shoot well in all of them. Vel around 2800 fps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mymobilityscooters0652

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.