Ruger Rifle Sub Models... Magnum/African/Tropical and on and on

gprippers

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
NRA, JOCO Sportmens Association
Hunted
Cont US, AK, Hawaii, Mexico
So ive owned quite a few Ruger rifles in the #1 action and m77 and m77 II as well as hawkeye. With that being said..i still get confused as to what sub models are what? I once thought that the Tropical was only in a #1 with quarter rib sights and was the 3 or so largest calibers...but ive seen bolt guns being called AFRICAN TROPICAL...Tropical in 30-06 bolt action, African bolt models with quarter rib sights, Africans with black tip stock but single leaf sights and on and on and on. Folks calling their rifles all sorts of combinations! Went from the more simple RS, RSI, RSM to the sub names. Ive looked and looked on the net and cannot find a true break down of the the older sub models such as Magnum, Express, Express Magnum, African, Tropical and so on. Does anybody here TRULY know whats what? If so let me know!

Pics would be nice as well if you have them...im mostly thinking of the 2000-2005 ish model era.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrishSeris

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia