Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA,Military Pistol Club
Hunted
Australia,Zimbabwe
Recently Ruger through its agent in Australia issued a recall concerning Ruger rifles in their RCM calibers. Apparently there is some concern regarding the securing bolt for the rear sight. Dealers have been asked to inspect the bolt hole in the barrel to ensure that it has not been drilled to deep into the barrel.

I am wondering if this is something that only affects us here in Aus. and has there been rifles that have actually had a problem?

Nothing heard here. There was a recall on one of their handguns (SR series?), but nothing on rifles. Of course, a couple of gas jets on the top of the barrel might do wonders for barrel flip on those snappy short mags!

that's a whole new kind of magna porting!

What you are worried about is not even a argueable comment, It could happen with any brand of rifle, but it would be extremely rare indeed with any manufacturer.

Anything built by man can have hiccups, and get by inspection. I have seen most every brand of rifle fail at one time or another for various reasons. Fortunatly its the exception rather than the rule.

Rugers are well made firearms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilasDonle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles