Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Anyone else have one? I recently snagged a used one off GB after looking for some time. Hard to find and expensive they are. Got it home and discovered the ejector had an issue, would not allow the block to rise if a round was chambered. Ejector would land on the case rim. A call to Ruger and I had an RMA label. They had it back to me in about a weeks time and now works as intended. Never had run into that issue before with one of these.

I had some leftover .480 Ruger ammo and components from a BFR I played with for a time, but my old hands cant deal with that level of recoil anymore, but in a rifle it should be pretty easy to handle, though I do plan to see what can be done with it.

These are available in two barrel lengths, 20 and 22" and is the S model, or medium sporter. The one I have is 22", which doesnt look quite so stubby as 20" does. Hopefully I can get it to the range next week, finally over the Covid we had, which shut down most of August for us. I was able to get out on my boat for a couple of days anyway with the weather improving, it turned to s*** for about a week or better, lots of rain and very cool. Been a fairly mild summer anyway.
Here is a pic of the Ruger.
IMG_4423.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WesleyDuff

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]