Ruger #1 Gunsmith Recommendations (in U.S.)?

Tony Parisi

AH member
Joined
Apr 10, 2015
Messages
39
Reaction score
19
Location
U.S.
Greetings! I'm considering having some work done on one of my Ruger #1 rifles and was wondering if anyone had a U.S. -based rifle-smith they could recommend; perhaps someone who specializes in the Ruger #1. Many Thanks!
 
Gary Reeder in Flagstaff, AZ does a lot of custom work in #1's
Good luck,
Cody
 
SSK Industries (JDJones) made my 577Nitro
 
Thanks! Anyone else? Looking mainly for accuracy work, trigger jobs, rebarreling/rechambering, restocking, etc.
By that it sounds like you don't like the Ruger No.1 very well.o_O:rolleyes:
 
Did you just purchase a action and need the rest?

Don't try and find anyone to help you on the accuracy of a #1, they are quite finicky in what they like to shoot and how you do it. I have a number of them and just a slight turn of the for-end screw will throw the accuracy off quite a bit. But once you have found the load and the screw tension you will have a fantastic shooting rifle.

Two of my #1's will shoot sub moa at 400 yards all day long. But it took me a long time to get them there.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,937
Members
169,054
Latest member
TrudiPesin
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top