Rigby Highland Stalker

Yes - - - to me at least. Your decision with respect to its value to you.

New Rigby .275

Rigby Texas Hill Country Stalker

The old is the Rigby worth it question again.
Every time I open one of safes and see it sitting there I am so happy I ended up deciding to spend the money to buy a Rigby, I love that giant big hand cannon.
I wish I could comfortably afford a few more of them, especially now the pricing has gone up considerably in Australia.
Maybe one day as a retirement gift to myself Ill buy a London best, only 30 more years to go!

Yes - - - to me at least. Your decision with respect to its value to you.

New Rigby .275

Rigby Texas Hill Country Stalker
@Red Leg did you upgrade the wood on yours or just get lucky? It's bloody nice!

@Red Leg did you upgrade the wood on yours or just get lucky? It's bloody nice!
Lucky I guess. Only “custom” feature is a slightly lengthened throat to better accommodate heavier bullets.

Is the Rigby Highland Stalker worth the money?
I have the Rigby in 275 Rigby that came before the HS. Mine was built in 1956. Absolutely love the sweet shooting gun and heritage giving me the complete experience

Sorry if I brought up an old topic. It appears the overwhelming opinion is: yes, it is. For the first time in my life, the means are at hand to afford one of these. I have plenty of good rifles; but if I order a Rigby, I’m thinking of selling off some of the good ones and just hanging onto a couple of REALLY good ones. Certainly, there are worse problems to have.

Best of luck with the decision. I have never regretted purchasing the Rigby. It was the perfect rifle for my wife’s buffalo hunt. I now use it for all manner of beasties.

Sorry if I brought up an old topic. It appears the overwhelming opinion is: yes, it is. For the first time in my life, the means are at hand to afford one of these. I have plenty of good rifles; but if I order a Rigby, I’m thinking of selling off some of the good ones and just hanging onto a couple of REALLY good ones. Certainly, there are worse problems to have.
Now the fun starts! What caliber are you considering?

It would be a 9.3x62.

I'd make another suggestion on caliber if you don't mind. I think the days of a 375HH being a "Africa and Alaska only" rifle are coming to an end. With monometal copper bullets being 22% lighter than lead core, we are seeing flatter shooting 375HH that provides no downside compared to a 9.3x62 or a .338, but also many advantages.

Just me, but I'd go with the Rigby 375HH as an all-arounder. My 11 year old intends to hunt North America with the same 375HH he took on his last safari, the practicality of that cartridge continues to grow.

I'd make another suggestion on caliber if you don't mind. I think the days of a 375HH being a "Africa and Alaska only" rifle are coming to an end. With monometal copper bullets being 22% lighter than lead core, we are seeing flatter shooting 375HH that provides no downside compared to a 9.3x62 or a .338, but also many advantages.

Just me, but I'd go with the Rigby 375HH as an all-arounder. My 11 year old intends to hunt North America with the same 375HH he took on his last safari, the practicality of that cartridge continues to grow.

The Highland stalker is not available in .375. I have one in 9.3x62. It is an awesome rifle with tremendous flexibility if you handload.

I wonder what the weight difference is between the highland stalker 9.3 and the big game 375. Both lovely rifles for sure.

I don’t know off the top of my head. They are both excellent rifles. The HS is a trim stalking rifle. The BG is a full size DG rifle. Apples and oranges so it really depends what your after. I’m biased, but I think the 9.3x62 is a fantastic chambering in the HS. We have taken everything from coyotes and whitetail to buffalo with ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerryVow

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]