AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
IMG_20220831_115830359.jpg

I bought this rifle and put everything together for the upcoming hunting season due to the fact I had to send my new rifle back for a factory recall which could take 4 months to get back. Turns out it took less than a month and rather than have this sitting around unused, I'm selling it to fund another project. Remington 700 Sendero 7mm mag rechambered to 7mm STW. 26" unfluted barrel with 9.25 twist. Has an H.S. Precision stock with full length aluminum bedding block and the good 40x adjustable trigger group, which is light and crisp. Will come with a NEW Vortex 4-12x44 scope mounted on a NEW 20 MOA monstrum base, NEW bipod, 150 pieces of once fired good Remington brass, 90ish pieces of the same remington brass with varying degrees of spotting on them, 10 pieces of 8mm that have been fire formed, used Hornady New Dimension custom die set that includes the micrometer seating stem and neck sizer die (Would cost $200 to replace now), 100ct of 162gr bullets, 2 NEW Snap Caps, One Book 7mm STW reloading book, NEW Lee case length gauge and shell holder, shell tray, RCBS case lube and tray. Previous owner had it rechambered from new and said he only shot it a few times due to the recoil he apparently wasn't anticipating. I test fired it a few times before putting the new scope on and it shoots great. The barrel does have marks on it from improper storage, but it is hard to see with the matte finish and doesn't affect function. $1600 shipped to lower 48 for the whole package. Even if you don't like a rechamber and wanted to buy it and have a new barrel put on (which it doesn't need) it would still be a deal. For reference, a 700 action now sells for $600-800, an H.S. Precision stock with full length bedding block is $500-600 and the 40x trigger group in it is selling for $100 used where you can find them. New STW brass has been selling for $150-200/ per 50 (Nosler is $120/per 25!). The value is certainly there.
IMG_20220831_115849077.jpg

:E Crying::E Crying: Resist the temptation! Good looking rifle. I've already used the "I have to pay for a safari, and I need to pay for taxidermy" excuse. All I can say is I'm broke.

Bump, buy with confidence, I've dealt with @Albert GRANT, he is a solid member of this forum. (y)

Last edited:
:E Crying::E Crying: Resist the temptation! Good looking rifle. I've already used the "I have to pay for a safari, and I need to pay for taxidermy" excuse. All I can say is I'm broke.

Bump, buy with confidence, I've dealt with @Albert GRANT, he is a solid member of this forum. (y)
Thanks Oscar, I appreciate the help!

How does it shoot? I've been thinking of adding a 7mm STW.

How does it shoot? I've been thinking of adding a 7mm STW.
What little I shot it, it did very well. Just went with an average charge and seating depth, no load development at all, and shot 1-1.5" groups at 100. That was also with a scope with some fogging issues (which is why it has a brand new one now), so I was pretty happy at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JestineBas

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?