Question about action camera

Cja

New member
Joined
Jun 17, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm going on my first safari in September and i have thought about taking a action camera. I have a go-pro but its so wide angled that everything in video looks 3 times as far as it really is. Do you recommend any kind of camera that can be strapped to yourself like the go-pro.
 
First off, welcome to AH @Cja ! And congrats on booking the first safari, it will be memorable! Go-pro is the only thing I know about regarding the type of camera you are asking about. I'm sure someone on here knows of or has something different that they can suggest to you
 
Welcome to AH. I will agree Go Pro are too wide angle.
 
Welcome Cja!

I've been researching the same thing and have found there are many options out there depending on what angles/shots you really want to take. For my bow, I found a mount that works for my cell phone, so I can video on the spot and stalk and at the shot. There is the Sony action camera, but a few companies make head mounts for small HD camcorders so you have that option, too. One of the best camcorders reviewed for this year was the Panasonic at about $300. Small and great HD video, even in low light conditions. Something hunters like us find appealing.
 
I have used a Contour and found it good to use. You can get all sorts of mounts and the new model one I have has GPS tracking on it so you can see your altitude and location as you watch the video. Its small and handy and simple to use.
 
That one camera looks pretty nice I need to get more info on it. Looks better then the go pro I was looking at for the trip.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,429
Members
169,357
Latest member
trailrivet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top