Purchasing 470 nitro Ammunition from members

Buckmaster1

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Good afternoon was wondering if someone could help me as I am new to this site. I have advertised to buy some Federal 470 nitro Ammunition and have had a couple of hits. Both of the hits are brand new members and I would like to know how to protect myself and the new members on this purchase.

I am not going to make any assumptions but I don’t feel good about the brand new eather although I’m pretty new myself. You guys helped me find the rifle I was looking for but I didn’t feel uncomfortable with it and things went great. Thanks

Use the search function to see the quality and type of posts they’ve made. If it seems legit give them a call. A scammer can’t intelligently talk about hunting and shooting on a phone call. I’d generally avoid most new members though if they are looking to sell. Unfortunately a want to buy ad is a target for scammers.

Good afternoon was wondering if someone could help me as I am new to this site. I have advertised to buy some Federal 470 nitro Ammunition and have had a couple of hits. Both of the hits are brand new members and I would like to know how to protect myself and the new members on this purchase.
If the only contact has been through a PM, not a response on the WTB you posted, be very leery. Legit members will post a "pm sent" at a minimum.
If they try to move you to email or a text only conversation, be leery. Legit members are more than happy to actually talk to you on the phone.
Good luck with it. You are doing the right thing by asking questions first.

Once again I am indebted to you guys and gals that’s exactly what happened. You can text me at X number is what the reply said.
Report that to @BRICKBURN in the scammer thread. Bet it won't take long to see another POS booted

Do you folks know these members?
IMG_2445.png

Yeaahhh, I'd say scammer

Take a look at posts made by the users. There is a pattern done by scammers of mostly meaningless posts and “welcome to AH”. New hunters don’t typically own 470s. I’d assume both to be scammers. You’ll also note the title of message is exactly the same in both messages to you. I’d assume scammer.

IMG_4855.png
IMG_4854.png
IMG_4856.jpeg

Yep, many of the "new member" scammers will "glaze the ham" so to speak before they strike. I'm probably too cautious but I won't buy anything from a new member unless they want to drive here and deliver it to me COD. LOL

Yeah tough, some of us newer members are actually not scammers but agree that a WTB post is a target. Ask for refs and as has been said here try to talk to them. IMO a scammer won't try to impersonate someone who knows what they're talking about - they're after the easy mark.

I sold a shotgun to a new member, had 1 post responding to an older classified. But he gave me his cell number, we spoke on the phone at some length, and he was willing to jump through the hoops I gave him to verify he was legit. Most new members joined for the same reason most of us did. Unfortunately, the bad apples make everyone a bit cynical. There's been a few scammers that took the time to no longer be "new" before they ripped someone off. So it's always in your best interest to vet someone before you put your money out. Direct phone calls seem to be the most effective to separate the legit from the thieves when there's any question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuvbfsgf365

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia