Possible to ship rifle USA to Mozambique?

xbr897

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
With Qatar airways being a bit unreasonable about not allowing people to travel with firearms when they book Qatar flights through American Airline's website (or other OneWorld carrier's websites), I'm wondering if there is a way to ship my rifle instead of taking it as checked baggage. I currently have Q suite award tickets booked via American and even though my itinerary is only 2 Qatar flights sold under the Qatar marketed & operated flight numbers and that I did this same thing with them last year without an issue, this year they refuse to approve my request to travel with a firearm.

I don't see it worth paying $3k cash to purchase economy tickets just so that I can take my rifle with me. Not too big of a deal to rent on a plains game hunt, but for a Mozambique Buffalo hunt in September I'd much prefer to take the buff with my R8. So if there is any way I can ship the rifle ahead of me I'd appreciate any info anyone can share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DominiqueM

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?