Portable or temporary loading benches

zzzippperr

Reaction score
After many years I am getting back into reloading. We are in a rental house until I retire and move back to St. Louis where my bench is. Since this is temporary I don't want to get into anthing to permanent. There is a bench that I could mount a press to but I'm not sure if I would have enough space because that is my do-it-all bench.

I have seen portable benches at Cabela's. Are these any good or is there a particular brand/style I should look for? Thanks.

How much does the portable bench cost?

This one?

Looks interesting. Never used one.

Attachments

• reloadbench_zps47e2b31d.jpg
    reloadbench_zps47e2b31d.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 131
That is pretty sweet for $100

That kind of looks like the Stack On bench I bought on sale at Menards a couple years ago

My pc is acting up so this will be abbreviated. That is a Stackon and it runs from about $129 to $199 with the back shelf.

In my first post I was talking about a reloading stand made by Lee. It sells for $100. It really is just a stand and uses a concrete block to give it weight.

Since then I found at Cabelas a table made by Frankford Arsenal that sells for $129 that I think might be the best solution. It has a center section the a folding section on each side. It can be raised or lowered and has two Accubins.

Sorry I can't post pictures right now.

For a temporary loading bench I used a dood on two sawhorses for about two years.
It was cheap as chips and worked pretty well.

I was renting at the time and didn't know how long I would be sticking around so I didn't want to go making anything to permanent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrogFan

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?