Picture Perfect Kudu Hunt

htx519

AH fanatic
Reviews
18
Joined
Jul 9, 2014
Messages
617
Reaction score
921
Deals & offers
36
Media
459
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
7
USA/Canada
2
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana.
It's always great when a plan comes together and things work out as hoped... This was one of those hunts guided by Riann Jacobs and one of his repeat clients who was seeking a really good mature kudu bull that had eluded him on previous safaris. The wind was right, the weather was perfect, and the bulls were on their feet.

This hunt took place in the Waterberg mountains on one of our big kudu properties. It's challenging terrain to hunt and it's an even greater challenge to pack an animal out once he is down. There are no roads up there. As you can see, the Limcroma crew was up to the task at hand. Nothing was left on the mountain. Every piece of this kudu bull was packed out including the internal organs. Africa is a hungry place and nothing goes to waste.

Congrats to Mr. Smith and Riaan on a great bull!

Riaan kudu 1.jpg
Riann kudu 3.jpg
Rian kudu 3.jpg
Riann kudu 4.jpg
Riann kudu.jpg

A great hunt culminated by a great kudu braai!

kudu backstrap.jpg
 
That is a great Kudu. The hunter did himself proud. Measurements??
 
Oh my aching back! Having to haul that out must have been tough!
Excellent!
 
Great looking kudu!
 
That's exactly what I'll be doing, where I may be doing it, guided by the same PH, next week. I can't wait.
Best of luck Hammergun! Take another great one! Just try to get it closer to the bakkie:ROFLMAO::LOL::D!
 
I believe we hunted that concession as well. The view from the mountain looks very familiar, but they have so much property it is hard to tell. Great story for sure! Looks like my kind of hunt! Nice job Hannes and Riaan.
 
Awesome and congrats! Kudu hunting with limcroma is always amazing
 
Very very nice! Congratulations!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,345
Members
170,552
Latest member
allamerican37
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top