PH killed by wounded buffalo.

Doubleplay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zim, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Ireland, England,Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Canada and all over US
Greg Michelson of GM Safaris of Zambia and before that Zimbabwe. An excellent and well known professional hunter, someone I respected very much was killed by a wounded Buffalo in the Luangwa Valley today.

I copied this from a Facebook group. Sad news indeed.

Very sorry to hear that. Prayers for the family. If anyone can share more of what happened, let us know. Did someone finish the buffalo?

Sad to hear of yet another PH loosing his life.
Condolences to his family and friends.
May he R.I.P.

Terrible news. Prayers for his family and loved ones.

I would be hard pressed to come up with the total number of PHs we have lost since I joined this site fifteen years ago. The vast majority of them were lost to wounded buffalo. It is why I harp constantly on the one real responsibility all of us who are known as clients have - use a weapon that most assuredly allows us to put that first shot exactly and lethally where it needs to go. Anything else and we are playing with other people's lives. That unnamed client who wounded the animal and a grieving family now get to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives.

Sincerest condolences to his family and friends. I assume @PeteG or @spike.t will have more information.

I would be hard pressed to come up with the total number of PHs we have lost since I joined this site. The vast majority of whom were lost to wounded buffalo. It is why I harp constantly on the one real responsibility all of us who are known as clients have - use a weapon that most assuredly allows us to put that first shot exactly and lethally where it needs to go. Anything else and we are playing with other people's lives.

Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
Well said. Our prep and conduct is no small matter.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited:
Condolences to his family and friends.

So sad. condolences to his family, friends and work team. Hopefully someone will put them in touch with DSC foundation for help.

Damn. Just damn.

May he rest in paradise. God bless his soul

Greg Michelson of GM Safaris of Zambia and before that Zimbabwe. An excellent and well known professional hunter, someone I respected very much was killed by a wounded Buffalo in the Luangwa Valley today.

I copied this from a Facebook group. Sad news indeed.
Rest in peace good fellow, prayers and condolences to family and friends.

Crap, another one. Prayers for his family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilbertHer

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!