In memoriam - Professional Hunter Greg Michelson killed by Buffalo

Doubleplay

AH elite
Joined
Jul 23, 2023
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
2,302
Location
NC, USA
Media
3
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zim, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Ireland, England,Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Canada and all over US
Greg Michelson of GM Safaris of Zambia and before that Zimbabwe. An excellent and well known professional hunter, someone I respected very much was killed by a wounded Buffalo in the Luangwa Valley today.

I copied this from a Facebook group. Sad news indeed.
 
Terrible news, saw it earlier on Facebook group also. Prayers to family and friends.
 
Very sorry to hear that. Prayers for the family. If anyone can share more of what happened, let us know. Did someone finish the buffalo?
 
Sad to hear of yet another PH loosing his life.
Condolences to his family and friends.
May he R.I.P.
 
Terrible news. Prayers for his family and loved ones.
 
I would be hard pressed to come up with the total number of PHs we have lost since I joined this site fifteen years ago. The vast majority of them were lost to wounded buffalo. It is why I harp constantly on the one real responsibility all of us who are known as clients have - use a weapon that most assuredly allows us to put that first shot exactly and lethally where it needs to go. Anything else and we are playing with other people's lives. That unnamed client who wounded the animal and a grieving family now get to live with the consequences for the rest of their lives.

Sincerest condolences to his family and friends. I assume @PeteG or @spike.t will have more information.
 
I would be hard pressed to come up with the total number of PHs we have lost since I joined this site. The vast majority of whom were lost to wounded buffalo. It is why I harp constantly on the one real responsibility all of us who are known as clients have - use a weapon that most assuredly allows us to put that first shot exactly and lethally where it needs to go. Anything else and we are playing with other people's lives.

Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.
Well said. Our prep and conduct is no small matter.
 
My condolences to his family and friends.
 
Last edited:
Condolences to his family and friends.
 
So sad. condolences to his family, friends and work team. Hopefully someone will put them in touch with DSC foundation for help.
 
Damn. Just damn.
 
May he rest in paradise. God bless his soul
 
Greg Michelson of GM Safaris of Zambia and before that Zimbabwe. An excellent and well known professional hunter, someone I respected very much was killed by a wounded Buffalo in the Luangwa Valley today.

I copied this from a Facebook group. Sad news indeed.
Rest in peace good fellow, prayers and condolences to family and friends.
 
Crap, another one. Prayers for his family.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,178
Members
170,529
Latest member
MohammedFo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top