PH gift

M70375!

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone would have any ideas, I want to buy one of my PH's a gift, not a tip , but a gift as he has helped me so much and been so kind to me. I have about a $1000 budget for this, anyone got any suggestions? I am considering a pair of Swarovski 10x25 binoculars, but thought I would see if anyone else might have a better idea.
Thanks

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone would have any ideas, I want to buy one of my PH's a gift, not a tip , but a gift as he has helped me so much and been so kind to me. I have about a $1000 budget for this, anyone got any suggestions? I am considering a pair of Swarovski 10x25 binoculars, but thought I would see if anyone else might have a better idea.
Thanks
Some of those guys don't/can't spend the money on something like Courteney boots. I sent my PH a pair of Courteney safaris when I got back home. I think they're around $400 shipped.

Have you hunted with this PH? or just helped plan your hunt? Unless you know him well and know what he needs add $1000 to his tip. It will be appreciated much more or if you think a gift is absolutely necessary spend $100 on a gift and add $900 to his tip. I’ve asked PHs if they need anything prior to each trip and have brought over a lot of various items for them and their wives but wouldn’t try and guess a $1000 gift suggestion. This will be unpopular but many gifts given to PHs get sold or traded as well. They can only have so many knives and so many binoculars. They only keep their favorites or the best. I even know cases where custom made double rifle given as gift was sold. The cash is a lot more valuable unless you know exactly what they want and need.

I agree with @375Fox. Unless it is something he wants and can use. I have taken gifts for PHs and Staff like all others have in past. I have had PH ask me instead of tipping him in cash could I bring Swaro products instead also. The high end optics are more expensive there. All depends on how well you know the PH also.

Yup, cash is King. Along with a good tip, I usually give him a box of custom .375 H&H Barnes TSX and 243 TTSX along with any remaining ammo at the end of my hunt.

If your PH comes to the states for the show circuit, a $100 gift certificate to a place that you know they patronize i.e. Cabela’s or Similar and then a card expressing your gratitude and cash.

My PH made a side trip to SF to visit me an few years ago and I took him to Harris steak house for a dry aged porterhouse that he still brags about as being the best steak he’s ever had! I also took him fishing and on a few other quick trips, including Tahoe.

All the hats, shirts, knives, and other similar items usually get traded or handed out to staff…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLucky

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.