Performance of Federal TBT bullets in 30 caliber

Rocco490

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Who has field experience with the TBT bullets loaded by Federal in the various 30 caliber cartridges? Curious to how they performed and how they might compare to A Frames and Barnes bullets. Thanks for any help or experience you all can share

Ive used them in my 30-06 on big pigs, great performance, they are a tough bullet, good for bigger game. Id happily use them in place of any other bullet on the market for bigger game you would consider taking with the 30 cal cartridge's.

A bud reloads them in his 300 WM for everything he hunts in the US and says they have worked well. Antelope to elk and I believe one moose.

Who has field experience with the TBT bullets loaded by Federal in the various 30 caliber cartridges? Curious to how they performed and how they might compare to A Frames and Barnes bullets. Thanks for any help or experience you all can share
I can tell you from experience that they are excellent bullets. I took all of my animals in southern Zimbabwe with factory 180 grn TBTs out of my 300 WinMag (as mentioned by my brother above). Animals ranged from a Jackal and Baboon to Kudu, Waterbuck, and Wildebeest at ranges between 80 and 225 yards. Look them up in the bullet database on this site to see my writeup. Lots of info there.
They are:
- Tough (robust construction designed to retain their mass after expansion.
- Very accurate with their polymer tip and boattail design.
- Excellent penetration through flesh and bone.
- Excellent expansion.
- Heavy jacket and well bonded core.

If you're familiar with Nosler Partitions, think of these as a Partition on steroids (without the partition in the construction). If you hand load, keep them smokin' out of the barrel to ensure good expansion otherwise they'll pencil through.

1640361884876374907680.jpg
1640362480611-908121707.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlissaBeda

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia