Pair Of Ruger RMS's

Bob,
I know it's a second chance but you know what I have my heart set on!

@CAustin what do you have your heart set on?

also the 416 is gone to a Big bore guy that it is one of his little guns in the safe.

@ActionBob ...Just concluded the deal with AZDave. I am now the proud owner of a RSM .404J! This has been a 1 1/2 year project for me in which some problems came up that I could not control. Although it will be the 1st of December before I have the chance to receive it and take it to the range, will put at least a couple of boxes through it before finding a smith that can and will take it back to original except for the quarter rib. My exact modifications request will have to wait until I find and talk to that gunsmith.

@CAustin what do you have your heart set on?

also the 416 is gone to a Big bore guy that it is one of his little guns in the safe.

A model No 1 in 375 stainless and grey laminated stock! It will match my 300 win mag.

Congrats Dave and David! And good luck finding exactly what you want @CAustin. And @Iloutdoorsman who was looking for a 404 or 300 RUM on another thread...

@ActionBob ...Just concluded the deal with AZDave. I am now the proud owner of a RSM .404J! This has been a 1 1/2 year project for me in which some problems came up that I could not control. Although it will be the 1st of December before I have the chance to receive it and take it to the range, will put at least a couple of boxes through it before finding a smith that can and will take it back to original except for the quarter rib. My exact modifications request will have to wait until I find and talk to that gunsmith.

excellent :D Beers: now you just need to bring it on holiday.......:E Big Grin:

excellent :D Beers: now you just need to bring it on holiday.......:E Big Grin:
If I am able to pull off a buff hunt after my son and my plains game hunt next July, it may compete with my RSM Rigby for the honors. If my son is able to make that hunt too, (big question at this time) I'll take one and he the other! I can't even make a guess how long it will take a gunsmith to make the changes to bring it back to an almost original RSM. If I get it back by next summer, I'll take it to Velo Dogs big gun shoot outside of Anchorage. It will be on the small side for guns that show up there! But that's OK. I made the commitment to myself over a year ago that the .416 Rigby is as big as I will keep or buy in the future with the possible exception of 450/400 double. The M70 .458 Win Mag I own will be up for sale as soon as I get home. That rifle is far to light for the caliber!

Sierraone,

Congratulations on your new .404 Jeffery.
It's a beauty.
When Cal Pappas organizes the shoots, up here in Alaska, he generally announces them as a "Double Rifle Shoot".
However, do not hesitate to bring a repeater or single shot.
There are always several who do so.

When I had no ammunition for my double (.450 No2 NE in those days), I brought my somewhat customized CZ .416 Rigby to one shoot.
And, if I had a .404, I definitely would bring it.
One interesting chap brought a Thompson sub-machine gun to one of these "Double Rifle Shoots".

So, "Bring what you've got, use what you brought, hit the right spot and hit it a lot".

You and your .404 will be quite welcome.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Sierraone,

Congratulations on your new .404 Jeffery.
It's a beauty.
When Cal Pappas organizes the shoots, up here in Alaska, he generally announces them as a "Double Rifle Shoot".
However, do not hesitate to bring a repeater or single shot
There are always several who do so.

When I had no ammunition for my double (.450 No2 NE in those days), I brought my somewhat customized CZ .416 Rigby to one shoot.
And, if I had a .404, I definitely would bring it.
One interesting chap brought a Thompson sub-machine gun to one of these "Double Rifle Shoots".

So, "Bring what you've got, use what you brought, hit the right spot and hit it a lot".

You and your .404 will be quite welcome.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
I still plan on @ActionBob meeting me up there for the shoot and either before or after have some rockfish with all the trimmings and do a little sight seeing within easy driving distance of Anchorage.. You have several good hunting and fishing stores not far from the airport and the Holiday Inn! You never know when one of us might contribute a little more to the Alaskan economy, especially Bob. I heard the next time the government closes down a military base, Bob is going to buy it so he'll have an armory large enough for his collection!!! Haven't talked to Bob about this in awhile, but will take up the conversation again before long!

I still plan on @ActionBob meeting me up there for the shoot and either before or after have some rockfish with all the trimmings and do a little sight seeing within easy driving distance of Anchorage.. You have several good hunting and fishing stores not far from the airport and the Holiday Inn! You never know when one of us might contribute a little more to the Alaskan economy, especially Bob. I heard the next time the government closes down a military base, Bob is going to buy it so he'll have an armory large enough for his collection!!! Haven't talked to Bob about this in awhile, but will take up the conversation again before long!

I will look forward to meeting both of you fellows.

Now the BS is flowing! :S Bs Flag: But it sounds like a fun time. :W A Bullets::W A Rifle::W Gun::W Rifle::W Rocket Launcher::W Rockets:

I just want o know who is bringing the double RPG? and Can I shoot it please?:LOL:

I just want o know who is bringing the double RPG? and Can I shoot it please?:LOL:
Working on finding an AT4 for loan, with the rockets, but so far no luck!

No self respecting double has only one trigger:Banghead:

Well okay, but if you're a front trigger first kind of guy, you better not strum that rear trigger and double it! :D

You only need to do that once to learn the way to completely pull each trigger and follow through. Old memories from doubling a 12 ga with 3in goose loads as a skinny 14 year old, after my uncle quit laughing and the tears quit running down his cheeks he said "Bettcha felt that" as I picked myself up. Have never done it since and I am a front then rear trigger double shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatlynRegi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?