on a lighter note...

I can help you out with that dirty hands thing. We've got another potato harvest coming up in about 115 days and are always short on help. ;)
i've grabbed my share of rotten ones picking them on my grandfather's farm. I believe I'd rather grab a warm dog turd than a rotten potato. :D

Course, Dad, Pawpaw, and my uncles all thought it was the height of hilarity when one of us kids grabbed one. Or like as not, several.

You can come up and help me plant beans. As a matter of fact the monitor for the planter is acting up, I need a good tech guy.
Hmmm...if there's a Pike County (IL, I assume???) deer hunt in there somewhere, sign me up!

Not sure how much help I'd be though. Last time I planted beans was probably 40 years ago. Technology was a little more primitive back then. ;)

Hmmm...if there's a Pike County (IL, I assume???) deer hunt in there somewhere, sign me up!

Not sure how much help I'd be though. Last time I planted beans was probably 40 years ago. Technology was a little more primitive back then. ;)
Let's go back 70 years. We planted by hand with a stick. Poke a hole in the ground and drop in four beans, not three, not five, four, and each hill had to be a foot apart. Dad was covering them with a hoe. If we miscounted or the hills weren't spaced right we got a swat with the hoe handle. Learned how to plant pretty quick.

I remember those days. We had 2 gardens that were just under a half acre, and Pawpaw's "garden" was 3 or 4 acres. We had pear trees, satsuma trees, peach trees, plum trees, muscadine vines, blackberries, and strawberries. Plus all the veggies. Even had our own bee hive.

We always got a whole steer from my Pawpaw every year. The only food we bought at the grocery was stuff we couldn't grow ourselves - sugar, bananas, coffee, etc. Or if we wanted pork or poultry.

i've grabbed my share of rotten ones picking them on my grandfather's farm. I believe I'd rather grab a warm dog turd than a rotten potato. :D

Course, Dad, Pawpaw, and my uncles all thought it was the height of hilarity when one of us kids grabbed one. Or like as not, several.

Haha, I bet! Not exactly how we do it these days though.
Thankfully, we’ve progressed.

279524024_553730499449957_2756846064947677853_n.jpg

279513967_553730349449972_6637360343778269590_n.jpg

Let's go back 70 years. We planted by hand with a stick. Poke a hole in the ground and drop in four beans, not three, not five, four, and each hill had to be a foot apart. Dad was covering them with a hoe. If we miscounted or the hills weren't spaced right we got a swat with the hoe handle. Learned how to plant pretty quick.
That's exactly why I wouldn't help @Bob Nelson 35Whelen plant tomatoes. You don't plant them far enough apart to his satisfaction and your liable to get whacked up side the head with a two forty three tomato plant stake!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeteSchnel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?