Old dog still hunts

wipartimer

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 12, 2014
Messages
294
Reaction score
721
Location
Dallas
Media
42
Hunting reports
Africa
4
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe, Canada USA
After too many years off, I was able to get Ace out after some birds at a preserve. He's getting on in years, and this was the first time he has ever hunted without Rio. about 45 minutes into the hunt he did a sudden 180 and locked on a point that was pure poetry. I was soo proud of him, it was awesome to see the old drive come back. Looking forward to a great season!
20210925_153435.jpg
20210925_140744.jpg
 
Awesome.
 
Just wonderful. My mind and heart fills with memories of old companions.
 
It is an amazing sight to behold, when a hunting dog has a flawless execution :)
 
You are right to be proud. To watch a dog doing what it knows really is a gift to any who get to see it.
He looks quite proud of himself also, as he should be.
 
Thank you everyone! now I can't wait for the weather to cool off. it's going to be a tough decision each weekend: bowhunt or bird hunt? it's a wonderful dilemma to face!
 
Nothing like a good bird hunt with a great dog!
 
Spent the last 2 weeks in KS chasing deer and dove. Got to work my silver male, Ripken, who lives with my kid.
They both need to spend more time afield, lol. This dog lives to be hunting. He's only 7, so he has a few years of memories to make still!
PICT2977.JPG

PICT2989.JPG
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,271
Members
169,733
Latest member
logsafeus
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top