Old Ammo ID??

PeteG

AH elite
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
3,394
Location
Zambia
Media
114
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
Professional Guides and Outfitters Association of Zambia
Its time to tap into the deep knowledge base of AH.

I have come across a bunch of old pistol ammo and since I know very little about them, I’m hoping some of you AH’ers will be able to shed some light on the calibers in question and possibly a timeline when they mayhave been common.

F488269A-4C0F-4FD5-9B15-AE2CAD57ADED.jpeg
CEEA5832-049F-442E-A133-238F484C8C4E.jpeg
 
The short stubby one in the middle with the pin on it is a .45 pin fire. The one to the left of it is a .41 Long Colt.

I'm sure that there is a .45 Long Colt along with .45 ACP in there also along with a couple of rim fire rounds, perhaps a .32 rim fire.
 
L to R:
1. .32 S&W short made by Remington/ Union metalic Cartridge
2. 7,65 aka .32 ACP made by Hirtenberg
3. 9mm Parabellum blank made by PMP in South Africa
4. Seems to be a Tokarev 7,62x25
5. .41 Long Colt
6. Judging by the size in relation to the 9mmP it is 12mm pinfire revolver cartridge
7. No idea. Size of .455 Webley but not the rim
8. .38 Rimfire revolver
9. .38 S&W or .380 rimmed
10. Another .38 Rimfire
11. Seems somewhat bigger than a .22 Magnum. My guess would be .25 Stevens Rimfire.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,383
Messages
1,574,679
Members
170,110
Latest member
Fae6678337
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top