Now they are outfitted:)

Jefferry404

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 17, 2023
Messages
865
Reaction score
2,019
Location
Mountains in Colorado
Not sure where I got this but they are sure
IMG_4968.jpeg
ready…
Steve
 
Great photo! I tried to pick up one of those loaded bandoliers once, can't imagine carrying one around like that!
 
They appear to have actually been in a gunfight or two. I get the impression those are not for show. Especially when they are days away from re supply
 
Pancho Villa's army of revolutionaries/bandits/terrorists. The bandoliers are mostly decoration to pose for photos. It's something he popularized. How he branded himself and his gang. Made more sense than spending money on uniforms.
 
Why would they have belted ammo?
Did they by any chance had some of early machineguns, like Maxim?
 
Why would they have belted ammo?
Did they by any chance had some of early machineguns, like Maxim?

Cant remember what movie but an older Western. Tough mexican (bad) guys with 7,62Nato in machingun belts over the shoulder. And singel-action revolvers and lever-actions.

I tend to laugh at the wrong places in movies :-)
 
Well, they won't lose for lack of shooting back.
 
Cant remember what movie but an older Western. Tough mexican (bad) guys with 7,62Nato in machingun belts over the shoulder. And singel-action revolvers and lever-actions.

I tend to laugh at the wrong places in movies :-)
A lot of the old westerns have Mexicans wearing bandoliers filled with 7x57 ammo while toting winchesters and colts.

As for the picture above; I wouldn’t be surprised if this was from the Mexican American war era.

FYI - that was the conflict that a young officer named George Patton used his newly acquired colt single action army to kill 3 Mexicans that surprised his patrol while inspecting a homestead.
 
Cool old photo, all that ammo & belts would compromise your hand to hand ability ?
Then again with all that ammo you shouldn’t be in any close quarters fighting ?
 
Guess we know where they stand on the ammo pouch vs culling belt discussion.

My great grandfather and his brother caught and broke wild horses in west Texas back then. They sold them to buyers from Pershing’s army.
 
There is at least two, maybe three 1895 Winchesters in the bunch.

A lot of Texas Rangers had a fond appreciation for the 1895 in 30-06 also.

The guy on the right is clearly admin.

DB
 
A lot of the old westerns have Mexicans wearing bandoliers filled with 7x57 ammo while toting winchesters and colts.

As for the picture above; I wouldn’t be surprised if this was from the Mexican American war era.

FYI - that was the conflict that a young officer named George Patton used his newly acquired colt single action army to kill 3 Mexicans that surprised his patrol while inspecting a homestead.

The Mexican American War was 1846-48. A little early for George Patton.

You may be thinking about the Punitive Expedition in 1917, led by BG John J. Pershing.

 
If one ever hunts springhares at night during mating season (which seems to be all the time), one of those bandoliers is a plus.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,347
Members
170,552
Latest member
allamerican37
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top