Nosler .375 300 gr Nosler Partition

I have had clients use them on Both Cape/Water Buffalo, Bantang, Scrub Bulls, will work on Bantang & Scrub Bulls/Wild Cattle but there are much better bullets for the Buffalo, eg Swift A Frame, TBBC & TSX, it is not up to it on the Big Boys .

A long time ago, a local (African) friend used 200Gr Nosler Partitions in a .30-06 to shoot several Cape buffalo for the butcher at the Wankie colliery to feed the workers. He reported that they worked wonders if a perfect broadside shot behind the shoulder was taken. But also said that it’s suicide to attempt to use any Nosler Partitions (regardless of caliber) for frontal shots on Cape buffalo. I’m inclined to believe him.

I personally use the 300Gr Nosler Partition factory load (in a .375 Holland & Holland Magnum) for hunting lion and leopard. No better bullet exists for this purpose. But for thicker skinned game (such as Cape buffalo and hippopotamus), I much prefer the Federal 300Gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw). It's been accounting for all of my Cape buffalo ever since Federal began offering the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw bullet in factory loaded form.

In Dr Robertson’s book “Perfect Shot” the only species he recommends NPs is lion. Having experienced hunting lion, I wish I had listened to him.
Today I no longer use NPs in higher velocity cartridges, such as 300 WM, because there are better bullets IMO&E all mentioned above.

Swift A-Frame, Barnes TSX, Norma Oryx and the Federal TBBC (each in 300 grain) are all better options than the NP for Buffalo in any caliber from 9.3mm to whatever you desire..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarlandDem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?