Norma African PH Fall Rebate Promotion

@Norma-USA this rebate seems a bit off target if you'd ask me.

I know of no one that would plan a safari by buying two boxes of 10 rounds of your African PH ammunition. Your ammunition is the most expensive 375H&H ammo available and the rebate would soften the blow if you had no limit.

Offering $250 or $500 off a case (not sure if it is 10 or 20 box per case) had me intrigued enough to look further but then I realized its limit of $50. So instead of enticing new customers for a $110 sale with a $50 rebate, you enticed a customer for a $1100-$2200 sale...but when I realized the rebate didn't scale, the opportunity was lost.

P.S. - Your distributors have limited stock on hand so it also makes getting in on the deal difficult. (Graf's has one box, for example)

I was trying to think why subconsciously that the offer would scale and then I realized the power of marketing. The photo shows a Texan saying get a "load of these and save a bunch of these". The power of marketing. I wanted to buy a load of these (the ammo) and save a bunch of these (the $450 in fifty dollar bills in his hand). Visual overstating of the offer. It's really "buy 20 cartridges total and no more and we'll send you $50 and no more...one per household".

If the offer changes to reflect the implied ad copy, I'll take 20-40 boxes and try them out on my next safari.

Not trying to harass you but trying to point out that your marketing is off. You're advertising a product that is treated obsessively by people that spend a lot of money on such products. I think your sales VP might have preferred a way to sell $4000 in ammo than $120 per person. You were almost there until the fine print.

I can see that the cowboy is holding up $500 in $50 bills. But I also clearly see that the rebate says $50 on two boxes of ammo.
I too would question is this ten round boxes or twenty round boxes.
The add could be a little more clear.

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia