Nice deer in the neighbor's yard

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 25, 2010
Messages
11,045
Reaction score
17,632
Media
178
Articles
4
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
This big 2x3 blacktail was scoping out the neighbor kids 'construction site' today. This is a big bodied deer for this area, being the western Washington version of the mule deer, usually not very big.

Week ago there was two 3 pointers up the street munching away.
IMG_3732.JPG
 
Nice rack but almost no brow tines?
 
Nice rack but almost no brow tines?
Not always there and often very small. Below from B&C

If an antler lacks a brow point (G-1), as frequently happens in mule deer/blacktail deer categories, there can be only four normal points, including the main beam tip. Sitka blacktail deer sometimes fail to develop G-3 points, and thus resemble the usual 4×4 whitetail pattern with points arising from the top of the main beam.
 
Not always there and often very small. Below from B&C

If an antler lacks a brow point (G-1), as frequently happens in mule deer/blacktail deer categories, there can be only four normal points, including the main beam tip. Sitka blacktail deer sometimes fail to develop G-3 points, and thus resemble the usual 4×4 whitetail pattern with points arising from the top of the main beam.
Good explanation. Thanks.
I don't have any experience with blacktails.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,420
Messages
1,575,659
Members
170,371
Latest member
CharmainSa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top