New Reading material

VertigoBE

Silver supporter
AH legend
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Messages
4,522
Reaction score
12,980
Location
Brussels
Media
67
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Europe
4
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, England, France
I ordered myself one of these. Very interesting first 40 pages so far.

I’ll probably order “Safari Rifles II” from Boddington as well.

IMG_4136.jpg
 
What happenend saving for marriage and honeymoon a slight little push from the book and seeing a classic in the shops and voila Vertigo will go back home with a new rifle. :LOL:
 
@VertigoBE
This is very good bok, you will love it!
I also have Boddingtons "safari rifles II".
You will enjoy that one as well.

I can also recommend, Terry Wielands latest, "Great hunting rifles: Victorian to the present"
I have read all three in a breath.
 
514Q3cLD5VL.jpg


Add this to your list as well tons of info on most big bore calibres.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What happenend saving for marriage and honeymoon a slight little push from the book and seeing a classic in the shops and voila Vertigo will go back home with a new rifle. :LOL:

It has changed into saving for marriage and a kid. Recently found out my fiancée is pregnant. So these books should keep me entertained until I can again afford the real thing!
Next safari might not be soon. :s
 
Congrats!
But if you will take my advice, and if the pregnancy is not in advanced stages yet, book the hunt in Africa now. (And, if necessary beg and borrrow money, and find the way)

Because when the baby comes, you are fully booked for next 10 years at least!
 
I guess I would be an optimist on this, a wife will get pissed off when you walk in with a new rifle for yourself but will never say a word when you purchase a rifle for the child. My first son opened up whole new avenues to filling gun safes for me. Enjoy the new baby and I hope it is happy and healthy.
 
Congrats!
But if you will take my advice, and if the pregnancy is not in advanced stages yet, book the hunt in Africa now. (And, if necessary beg and borrrow money, and find the way)

Because when the baby comes, you are fully booked for next 10 years at least!

Oh yeah.......
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,448
Messages
1,576,510
Members
170,595
Latest member
LukeGreenl
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top