New hopeful from Colorado

ThiccyMouse

Reaction score
Hey all, just an avid shooter and big fan of big bore firearms. I just got into hunting the past few years and absolutely love it. I have an ever growing list of animals I would love to hunt and Africa is absolutely on my list now too. I found this site while on the search for a Ruger no 1 in 458 lott (which I am still searching for after several months). This is my first hunting/shooting forum I have joined. I dont usually join forums, but after reading a few threads there is really a wealth of information here and I really like the community.

Welcome to AH ThiccyMouse! Glad you decided to join the conversation, you will find really good folks here.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome.
What part of Colorado?

Hey all, just an avid shooter and big fan of big bore firearms. I just got into hunting the past few years and absolutely love it. I have an ever growing list of animals I would love to hunt and Africa is absolutely on my list now too. I found this site while on the search for a Ruger no 1 in 458 lott (which I am still searching for after several months). This is my first hunting/shooting forum I have joined. I dont usually join forums, but after reading a few threads there is really a wealth of information here and I really like the community.
Good day, and welcome to AH!! Tell us a bit more about your list? Any specific African country in mind yet?

Welcome to AH.

Hello and welcome!

Howdy From Texas

Welcome to the best forum for hunting Africa!

Welcome - hope you find the #1 you want and book a trip. I saw a super nice 458 at a gunshow last weekend - Crosnoe guns had it, might spa search on gunsinternational - he sells a lot there

......... This is my first hunting/shooting forum I have joined. I dont usually join forums, but after reading a few threads there is really a wealth of information here and I really like the community.
Good to hear.
Enjoy your time here on AH.

Good day, and welcome to AH!! Tell us a bit more about your list? Any specific African country in mind yet?
I am still very early in planning, so I don't have a specific country in mind yet, but I have began looking at species of interest. Eland, Kudu, Cape Buffalo, and lion are on my list. I have also been looking at some of the small game opportunities, like some of the pygmy antelope.

Welcome - hope you find the #1 you want and book a trip. I saw a super nice 458 at a gunshow last weekend - Crosnoe guns had it, might spa search on gunsinternational - he sells a lot there
Thanks for the info! I actually saw that exact gun on guns international. I had given it a pass because I thought it was priced high ($1695 for a 458 win mag is what i saw), although it does look like a fine firearm. I have also considered just buying a 458 win mag and rechambering to 458 lott considering the rarity of the 458 lotts for this rifle.

Welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillianKit

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]