New from washington

Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH Devin! There is a load of information here. Ask questions and be a part of the forum. Planning your safari is half the fun.
 
Thanks guys. It's kind of unreal as I won a hunt but plan to hunt more if my budget let's me. I've planned to got hunt Africa for 20 years now but it's finally going to pull together. I've talked to my outfitter and plan to again tomorrow. They have been very helpful.
 
Hey there from the wet side of WA! Who are you hunting with? Chances are good someone here knows of them. Enjoy the planning.
 
I went to their site and it looks pretty nice but the PDF for their price lists killed my comp twice so had to bail out. But I use IE and it can be problematic at times. Planning to rifle hunt or bow? What critters are you thinking about?
 
I went to their site and it looks pretty nice but the PDF for their price lists killed my comp twice so had to bail out. But I use IE and it can be problematic at times. Planning to rifle hunt or bow? What critters are you thinking about?
Not sure what I want to take. Think my bow would be less money to take but I bought my rifle years ago for going. I'm hunting warthog and impala for sure thinking maybe blue wildebeest or a heartabeast too
 
Hello everyone. Im going to be taking my first trip to Africa and out of the USA this year. I'm going to go to south africa and hunt. Hope to get some extra info here. Thanks guys.

ask away.
 
Posted in bow hunting. But I'm not sure what to take. Bow would cut some money out for import papers. I'm very good with a bow, I'm kind of worried about my rifle it means a lot to me since me and my dad have hunted together and taken ever animal in the state with it and now he is gone.
 
Here is a 100yard shot
 

Attachments

  • 20160611_082712.jpg
    20160611_082712.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:
Posted in bow hunting. But I'm not sure what to take. Bow would cut some money out for import papers. I'm very good with a bow, I'm kind of worried about my rifle it means a lot to me since me and my dad have hunted together and taken ever animal in the state with it and now he is gone.

Take your bow and if you want to also rifle hunt a few days, your PH can loan or rent you a rifle. A lot less hassle for sure.

You said you are from the "dry side" of Washington. As a kid, I lived in the Spokane area for several years and got my start at deer and pheasant hunting with my dad. We hunted both eastern Washington and northern Idaho. Beautiful country! I also remember some 30 below zero winters and 6 feet of snow on the ground too.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Thanks guys. And yea it can be cold here. I've hunt coyote in -30 and seen 18" of snow over night.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,571,966
Members
169,470
Latest member
BrennaY190
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top