New from Oregon

rosecitymike

AH member
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
47
Reaction score
303
Media
22
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hi all,

Recently joined to start gathering info for a Namibia hunt, looking at 2021 or possibly 2022. I’m an infrequent hunter but frequent shooter and avid reloader. My goal is to find an outfitter that will give me a true stalking and hunting experience. I’d rather spend days on a track and come back empty than drive up to an animal not afraid of people that was farmed and dropped off just to shoot. Not interested in big numbers of animals in one trip or necessarily the biggest trophy, though not going to pass on one! My top animal goals for this trip are kudu, zebra (possibly more than one) and gemsbok, in that order. Second tier would be nyala, red hartebeast and eland. My wife is neither a hunter or particularly outdoorsy, and I’d love for her to come if there is an outfitter that has a nice lodge and good food she could hang out at, though the hunt is the priority and if I can’t find both will plan the trip with a friend.

Obviously, am spending a ton of time searching the forum for info, but happy to take referrals, suggestions or links to reviews, websites, etc.

In any event, glad to be here and thanks in advance!
 
Giday and welcome to the A H forums, the best choice you could make in preperation for your hunt with a world wide membership of hunters to offer the advice you are looking for.
 
Welcome aboard! Several Namibian outfitters and folks that have hunted there that I'm sure can help you out
 
Hi and welcome @rosecitymike !

We can't help you in Namibia, but give us a shout if your options are open to the Limpopo Province of South Africa! We would welcome to the opportunity to host you and your wife on an amazing couple's safari.
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome to AH rosecitymike! If you’re wanting a long spot and stalk, you may want to consider moving the eland up your list.
I’m sure you will find an outfitter here from Namibia that can meet your requirements.
Best of luck!
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Hi and welcome @rosecitymike !

We can't help you in Namibia, but give us a shout if your options are open to the Limpopo Province of South Africa! We would welcome to the opportunity to host you and your wife on an amazing couple's safari.

Thank you! My good friend hunts frequently in Africa and encourages (enables?) me to do both. :)
 
Welcome to AH rosecitymike!
 
Welcome to AH rosecitymike! If you’re wanting a long spot and stalk, you may want to consider moving the eland up your list.
I’m sure you will find an outfitter here from Namibia that can meet your requirements.
Best of luck!

Eland is probably 3a on my list. I have heard the same from my friend who has a double mount (bull and cow, if that’s what male/female are called).
 
Welcome onboard...the preparation for your hunt will be (almost) as exciting as the actual hunt!!
Your wife will enjoy the camp and being in the bush....
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
Welcome from another Oregonian! Been on two Safaris. Both my trips were in Zimbabwe.
 
Welcome from a fellow Oregander!

I'm going to Namibia in September for my first trip. I'd be glad to share my experience with you when I return if you would like.
 
Welcome to AH!
I hope that you will enjoy planning your hunt, and find the perfect destination.

We have several hunting areas over Namibia, two of which is mainly our plainsgame hunting destinations.
We would love to host you and your wife, and I'm sure that your wife will have a great time in our beautiful lodges.
If your wife would enjoy a trip to the coast, or visiting a National Park, we can also make arrangements for that, so that she gets to explore a little bit while you are hunting.
I would love to show her around Namibia.

Please contact us @ info@jamyhunt.com if you would like more information.

Regards,
Kirsten Lotter
 
Welcome to AH

We can also assist you and your wife.

Please have a look at our website and let me know if you need more information.

Regards
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to the beginning of your African Addiction, there are many enablers on AH. I am sure you will find an outfitter here that will help you on your journey. Good luck.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,249
Messages
1,570,722
Members
169,128
Latest member
JimmyBosan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top