Need your help.

wayne1

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
124
Reaction score
7
Member of
Big Game Rifle Club Brisbane Queensland Australia
Hunted
Australia
Greetings to all from Australia. I have a story to tell you. For the past 100 years now, we folk in Australia have had reports of big cats. The sightings and predation on livestock has increased substantially in the past 10 years. Reports of sightings and close encouters are becoming more common. These reports and sightings refer to leopards and cougars. Don't laugh! It's true. Recently a book entitled AUSTRALIAN BIG CATS...An Unnatural history of Panthers ..by ...Mike Willams & Rebecca Lang has been written about these animals. Our National and State Governments are in denial, but the crux of the problem is that, nobody has bagged one of the animals. This is where you guys can help. I know they are out there; I've seen them.
What I want to now is this:
1. I want to know how read their footprints, sex,age,weight etc.
2. Their habits and breeding cycles.
3. How dangerous and cagey they can be.
4. Are they a sent hunter or sight & sound hunter.
I need to bag one of the cats to show the Government that they do exist.
It seems pretty far fetched that these cats are roaming our bush, but we have had expert PH residing in Australia that we do have these FELIDS roaming around and they are getting bolder.
Many Thanks for any imput you can give.

Wayne1.
 
You will find a lot of information about the biology and ecology of these cats by just googling it. Leopards are very illusive and can live on the outskirts of towns without being noticed. They love to prey on dogs, house cats, chickens and prey on anything from a mouse to a zebra. Leopards usually avoid people but are very dangerous when wounded or cornered. I guess cougars are show similar behaviour.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,315
Members
169,524
Latest member
hunverealo1973
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top