NAMIBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With ZANA BOTES SAFARI?

Slick3006

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Good evening,

Does anyone have any experience hunting with Zana Botes in Namibia?

Thanks,
Slick

Sure wish I did! ...but guess I'll follow along with you.

I hunted with Zana a couple years ago and am hunting again next year. Very good outfitter, you will enjoy hunting with him.

Slick, I wrapped up a buffalo hunt with Zana in the Caprivi 60 days ago and had a wonderful experience. He’s a top notch operator, PH and a hell of a nice guy. The camp was great and the food and staff were excellent as well. Plenty of buffalo too!! My trip in July was my first African hunt and I thoroughly checked out references before handing out my hard-earned savings for the trip. I contacted 8 references and I think all but one were repeat clients…some 3 times. To say that Africa is a very large place with many options is probably the epitome of understatements. The fact that people return to hunt with the same PH time and time again speaks volumes. BTW, I met the incoming clients on my way out, they were also repeats. Hope this feedback is helpful- TXDawg

Good evening,

Does anyone have any experience hunting with Zana Botes in Namibia?

Thanks,
Slick
I have hunted with Zana when he was with Aru Safaris. I've also hunted at his family ranch on one of those hunts. He is an excellent hunter and a supreme pleasure to be around. I would love the opportunity to hunt with him again someday. Like many Namibians he hunts PG on many ranches including his own plus some concessions in the Caprivi.

Slick, I wrapped up a buffalo hunt with Zana in the Caprivi 60 days ago and had a wonderful experience. He’s a top notch operator, PH and a hell of a nice guy. The camp was great and the food and staff were excellent as well. Plenty of buffalo too!! My trip in July was my first African hunt and I thoroughly checked out references before handing out my hard-earned savings for the trip. I contacted 8 references and I think all but one were repeat clients…some 3 times. To say that Africa is a very large place with many options is probably the epitome of understatements. The fact that people return to hunt with the same PH time and time again speaks volumes. BTW, I met the incoming clients on my way out, they were also repeats. Hope this feedback is helpful- TXDawg
I'm going in 10 days to hunt elephant with him. Do you recall which concession you hunted in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WildaDambr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!