Chago

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
PXL_20210522_184211535.jpg

So as some of you may remember from other threads. I have been quite busy building our new home. Building during covid has added a whole lot of challenges. But we are all built now. Moved in. And finally getting somewhat close to being fully unpacked.... If that ever actually happens. But wanted to share some pics of my office, man cave, trophy room.

This room is in my basement. I do have 9' ceilings so that was nice. But unfortunately there is a bulk head that makes some areas 8'. Apparently heat is important in Canada. The entire room was spray foamed on exterior walls and safe and sound insulation in the interior walls and ceiling. This way I can watch saving Private Ryan on high volume and the kids above can not hear me. I then 3/4 ply the entire room. Allowing me to place trophies anywhere. Then the entire room was drywalled. And of course on the one wall I added another layer of barn board for the look.

There is also a vault gun room. Three walls of this room are concrete foundation walls. The one wall that is not was framed, 1/4" steel sheets on both sides. 3/4" ply on both sides. 5/8" fireproof drywall on both sides. Then a snapsafe vault door.

PXL_20201126_181203782.jpg
PXL_20201215_165632400.jpg
PXL_20210104_225032926.jpg

PXL_20210212_141305045.jpg
PXL_20210212_211341795.jpg
PXL_20210212_211353738.jpg

Sorry boys. But I live in the People's Republic of Canada. And I'll only show the empty gun vault below. I don't need those commie bastards knowing what I have. You can see I used the same wood wall panels. Then made a shelf and stood all the guns vertically. That 2x4 is my reloading table half made. I also put a Ikea built in to hang all my hunting Gear, etc.

PXL_20210427_181627333.jpg

PXL_20210516_005829754.jpg

Very nice.

great! congrats!

Very cool!

Wow that's all great! What are the dimensions or square feet/meters of the floor space for your trophy room?

I'm in the planning stages;)

Awesome!

Very nice! Though I am thinking in a few short years you will need an extension or serious negotiations with the folks upstairs about using a bit of wall and floor space for an annex. She'll understand - these things eventually happen. :rolleyes:

Really nice. Love the clean lines - both space and animals.

Last edited:
WOW this turned out nicely. Congratulations and hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Wow that's all great! What are the dimensions or square feet/meters of the floor space for your trophy room?

I'm in the planning stages;)
30 X 16.... Go bigger lol. As you can see. I have one wall left. Truth is, I will start migrating into the rest of the basement. But with African species and some big NA species they take up room fast.

Very nice! Though I am thinking in a few short years you will need an extension or serious negotiations with the folks upstairs about using a bit of wall and floor space for an annex. She'll understand - these things eventually happen. :rolleyes:

Really nice. Love the clean lines - both space and animals.
Hahah yes. I quickly noticed. Truth is the basement is 2500sq ft. And I have full authority over all of it. The upstairs 2500 I can't touch that's the rule. So these will all start migrating into the rest of the basement. I just wanted them in that room as I spend a lot of my day in there. And I'm one of those guys who loves my trophies around me.

Really nice!

Very nice basement ! The wood floors and wall are very nice contrast. Please tell me where those big whitetail came from? Thanx for sharing your home with us!

Very nice, congrats !

Very nice basement ! The wood floors and wall are very nice contrast. Please tell me where those big whitetail came from? Thanx for sharing your home with us!

All 5 of those white tails are from the same general area of where I currently live and grew up. In southern Ontario Canada. The two monsters were taken from the same tree stand on the land I currently built on.

All 5 of those white tails are from the same general area of where I currently live and grew up. In southern Ontario Canada. The two monsters were taken from the same tree stand on the land I currently built on.

I wondered if it was Ontario, the one pic showing the terrain looked reminiscent of the farm I grew up on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredericLa

Latest profile posts

JG26Irish_2 wrote on WISafariHunter's profile.
About Lon's Elephant hunts w/Tokoloshe? I hear Lon is battling cancer? What is his long term prognosis? I am already booked to hunt Africa in 2024 2025. Might consider 2026 for another African hunt. I want to hunt a more wild open region devoid of civilization. Concern is the risk that I book f/2026 then find poor Lon has passed on? Does Lon have any assistance to carry on the business in his absence?
Life is Short live it how you want...
jgraco33 wrote on 85lc's profile.
Is your 22HP still available? If so have the original case?
tacklers wrote on ianevans's profile.
Hi Ian, I'm contemplating my first outing, leaving UK via Dubai to Africa, taking rifles as you did.

I presume it went okay for you, would you have done anything differently? Cheers, Richard East Sussex