Articles

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 9.50.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 9.50.33 AM.png
    4 MB · Views: 608
  • The King of Rifles | Classic Arms Journal.pdf
    The King of Rifles | Classic Arms Journal.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 8

A phantastic .577 article ,and i like the bit he wrote about saving money for the big double " saved a hereford calf one at a time " .
No one knows more about the care and feeding of classic guns and their ammunition than Ross Seyfried. He is a national treasure. So was this journal and it is simply a shame that it couldn't make it. Ross is still a regular contributor to the Double Gun Journal. Thanks for finding this one!!

No one knows more about the care and feeding of classic guns and their ammunition than Ross Seyfried. He is a national treasure. So was this journal and it is simply a shame that it couldn't make it. Ross is still a regular contributor to the Double Gun Journal. Thanks for finding this one!!
I always wondered why he never wrote books, as he is/was, by far, my favorite gun scribe. There's no telling how many fine rifle have been bought by his readers, based on his articles.

I always wondered why he never wrote books, as he is/was, by far, my favorite gun scribe. There's no telling how many fine rifle have been bought by his readers, based on his articles.
Even an anthology of his best articles would be invaluable. I've never asked him.

Yes, after a fashion. He and I have carried an on and off dialogue for more than a decade. We have a close mutual friend in Tony Makris. Ross worked up the loads for my paradox, and we both have a love for the .318 WR. As you surmised, he is indeed a very private person.

RS must be getting up there in age now. Probably mid to late 70's or so?
I have only seen him once at SHOT some years ago, he was walking around with everyone's favorite whipping boy, Wayne La Pierre.
I have quite a few of his articles archived.

Yes, after a fashion. He and I have carried an on and off dialogue for more than a decade. We have a close mutual friend in Tony Makris. Ross worked up the loads for my paradox, and we have a mutual love for the .318 WR. As you surmised, he is indeed a very private person.
The articles he wrote in the 80s and 90s about hunting with big bore revolvers set me on fire at the time. This also lead to my interest in big bore rifles as well. I used to hoard all the issues of Rifle and Handloader magazines with his articles in them. It's a damned shame he's not more active these days. But unfortunately, the days of AR15 rifles and $300 plastic bolt guns are upon us. And I believe we have turned the corner away from the good ole days of real rifles and handguns.

The absolute best season of Under Wild Skies was the one when Ross was on there. I tried to buy the DVD when they still had that site up but it wasn't available. And yes, there should be a book of ALL of his articles.

Talked and corresponded with Ross and many occasions. Owned a George Gibbs .450-.400 3 1/4 that he owned. He also spent some "interesting times" in Zimbabwe. Some people here still remember he shooting ability from that period!

Talked and corresponded with Ross and many occasions. Owned a George Gibbs .450-.400 3 1/4 that he owned. He also spent some "interesting times" in Zimbabwe. Some people here still remember he shooting ability from that period!
Was that during the period when he used the Remington 700 in 416 Rem Mag for his main rifle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewAnnis1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe