Merry Christmas To Me!...

Tundra Tiger

AH legend
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
3,545
Reaction score
18,355
Location
SW Alaska
Media
83
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
5
Member of
SCI, SCI Alaska
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas)
... at the end of January. 8 months to the day after I left Africa, a portion of my trophies are here. My taxidermist has the two for shoulder mounts. Hides and capes are at the tannery. And most of my stuff arrived today. The buff was on top, so over lunch I unwrapped it. I'll unwrap the rest after work today. I AM SO EXCITED!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:


P1050191.jpg
P1050193.jpg
P1050196.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, always great to get trophies home safe and sound. I see your a USFWS employee, my dad worked for them years ago before taking a teaching and research position at Auburn University, his best friend also worked for them and was in Alaska for a while before retiring. Congratulations again, well done.
 
Congratulations - its the best feeling to put your hands on them again.
 
Congrats on getting them home, a crate is like Christmas morning for adults!
 
To one and all... thank you. Yes it feels MAGNIFICENT to actually be able to hold them again, or at least it was for the buffalo. I'll get to the others later tonight. A kudu, a couple of impala, a blesbok, a springbok, and a warthog await me. The tannery has the zebra and my taxidermist has a kudu and my wildebeest.

@Hunt anything ... I spent almost 20 years as a classroom teacher before taking a job with Togiak Refuge. I just wanted to recharge my batteries, from the public teaching grind. And here is is 15 years later and I'm still here. I love my job, and am very happy to have it.
 
Congratulations, I noticed the recurve and arrows hanging up, I also hunt with a longbow and make my own arrows.
 
Congrats! Always awesome to get your trophies home!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,415
Messages
1,575,578
Members
170,360
Latest member
ChastityFi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top