Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Hi everyone, I am looking into medical coverage and evacuation insurance. I came across Med X. They are very reasonable compared to global rescue. Anyone know anything about them?

Good question Johnny. I would appreciate hearing the facts from those who know the differences.

I won't recommend any single company, but all hunters should carry this insurance during a safari, especially the older ones such as myself. An air medivac from the middle east could easily cost $50,000 or more. That number is probably bigger for southern Africa. So unless you personally have VERY deep pockets, buy this insurance.

. An air medivac from the middle east could easily cost $50,000 or more. That number is probably bigger for southern Africa. So unless you personally have VERY deep pockets, buy this insurance.

i would have thought that figure is way low....we had to use a full medevac air ambulance to get someone from lusaka to joburg 6 or so years ago and that was $18,000.00, and in a straight line thats only just over 745 miles.........

Spike.t Maybe I'm behind the times! But your actual use of one is a great confirmation that all hunters who are traveling many thousands of miles away from home need this insurance!

it was the only one there at the time, and it was take it or leave it and no alternatives ..........and they wouldnt move till they had confirmation faxed from the bank to say the money had left to their acc, so dont think they will take you out of the goodness of their hearts if you dont have insurance or a big bag of readies there and then............

Thanks guy's, I am going to use someone for sure, just Med X was very reasonable compared to some others and it seemed like comparable service.

I went with Global Rescue for our last trip.

If you talk to your health insurer, they will advise you to have some coverage while traveling over sea's.

I did speak with them, I am covered but have to pay for services and then get reimbursed when I get home. Interestingly Med X is a subsidiary of United health care who is my provider. They handle all paperwork etc..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonroeDeva

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!