Mauser M98 416 Rigby

Wow thats a great rifle, been looking at these as compared to a Rigby. What do you think of it now you have it in hand?
I really like the feel of the rifle, and it fits me well. Fit and finish of the metal / timber is also nicely done, without being over the top.
Chris

Congratulation, beautiful rifle and amazing wood! I’m a bit jealous! Will you mount optics and if so what kind? Enjoy!
Thanks. I am not planning on a scope at this point, but if I do decide to fit one, I would be using Schmidt Bender as I like them and have used them for years.

Congrats with a great rifle! I've had my Mauser M98 magnum in 416 Rigby for 8 years already. Before purchasing the Mauser I was planning to get hold of the then new Rigby Big Game, but the LOP was too short for me. Yes, they could make a custom stock, but then the price would be different, and potentially with a long delivery time. Before making up my mind about the Rigby my local dealer suddenly got this Mauser M98 in the shop, the plan was to send the rifle to different locations for demonstration, I bought it without much hesitation. The stock on this Mauser fits me great!

There is one modification to this rifle I would like to do: I think the front bead is too big. This is of course highly individual, and I have tried quite a bit of different sizes and types, for me I would like a slightly smaller front bead than what is standard on these Mauser rifles.

20160624_215224.jpg

Congrats with a great rifle! I've had my Mauser M98 magnum in 416 Rigby for 8 years already. Before purchasing the Mauser I was planning to get hold of the then new Rigby Big Game, but the LOP was too short for me. Yes, they could make a custom stock, but then the price would be different, and potentially with a long delivery time. Before making up my mind about the Rigby my local dealer suddenly got this Mauser M98 in the shop, the plan was to send the rifle to different locations for demonstration, I bought it without much hesitation. The stock on this Mauser fits me great!

There is one modification to this rifle I would like to do: I think the front bead is too big. This is of course highly individual, and I have tried quite a bit of different sizes and types, for me I would like a slightly smaller front bead than what is standard on these Mauser rifles.

View attachment 605265
Thanks. Your rifle is very nice as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrinceAqui

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)