Mauser M03 Africa

Adrian

AH fanatic
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
789
Reaction score
1,389
Media
266
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Europe
1
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
Last weekend I met an old friend at a gun dealer local to me. He was picking up a new Sauer 404 in .308.

While he was choosing his rifle my attention was drawn to a Mauser M03 in .375H&H with a beautiful stock.

It was a second hand rifle and upon talking to the dealer it turned out it had only recently been bought. A fellow had left the army, got his pay out and blew it on the rifle and trip to Africa. It had fired no more than 30 rounds.

The original owner couldn't justify keeping it sat in his gun cabinet so traded it for a more usable rifle.

I didn't consider buying it, just admired it.

24 hours later it had been on my mind constantly and I had sent off my firearms licence to apply for a variation to add a .375. I called the dealer to arrange to look at the gun again and perhaps put a few rounds through it.

Anyway, I put a deposit down and am now keeping my fingers crossed my licence is returned with an addition for a .375 and also a .300WinMag which I applied for at the same time, the theory being I don't need to buy an additional magazine and bolt head because the action will work for both once the barrel has been swapped.

A couple of pics from gun trader......

180527144745001-5-680x410-c.jpeg
180527144745001-3-680x410-c.jpeg
180527144745001-6-680x410-c.jpeg
180527144745001-4-680x410-c.jpeg

 
Last edited:
Very nice.
 
Very nice indeed
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,396
Members
169,558
Latest member
Joneseleepe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top