Mauser 98 questions

Jamie D Van Roekel

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
398
Reaction score
550
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
I don’t know much about Mauser actions. What needs to be done to it to be a 375 H&H? It has a magnum bolt face now. Thanks for your input.
 
Hi Jamie,

First of all, this adaptation has been doing by many, both factories and gunsmiths. Like the most famous of all because the cartridge, Holland & Holland.
If that action is set up for a short, or standard, magnum cartridge, like the 7mm Rem Mag or 300 Win Mag the only, but critical thing to do is to lengthen the action and magazine for the longer cartridge, the 375 H&H. I said critical because this machining MUST be do without weakening the action in the low stop for the right bolt lug. So, this MUST be do by a GUNSMITH who knows what he is doing.
Looking at an authentic Holland & Holland 375 H&H made on a Standard M98 Mauser Action is an entire education on this. Period.
Good Luck!

CF
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,413
Messages
1,575,339
Members
170,264
Latest member
MagnoliaPh
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top