Mauser 98 - Manual cocker/decocker

KIH

AH member
Reaction score
A decocked is seen as the safest option, specially how guns are carried in Africa. Would the Voere Manual cocking system work ?

Voere link

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 6.26.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 6.26.49 PM.png
    888.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 6.26.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 6.26.50 PM.png
    999 KB · Views: 56
A slick looking gadget, I assume it gets used in addition to the safety. If that is the case, then I'd be of the opinion that it is an answer to a non-existent problem. In the heat of the moment, I can imagine a hunter flipping the safety and squeezing the trigger with no resultant BANG!!

That’s pretty clever. If they could make it push on/ push off it would be similar to a Krieghoff. Wonder how easy it is to do with one hand? That would be a must for a field gun.

A slick looking gadget, I assume it gets used in addition to the safety. If that is the case, then I'd be of the opinion that it is an answer to a non-existent problem. In the heat of the moment, I can imagine a hunter flipping the safety and squeezing the trigger with no resultant BANG!!
Since it removes the back of the Mauser's bolt assembly, which has the safety flag, I think it just up-and-replaces it and removes the actual safety entirely. At least, that's what I'm getting from the photos.

What you're describing sounds more like the bolt of a Springfield 1903; if someone would make that for a Mauser, I'd find it more preferable since you'd have a proper safety flag but could also simply decock the rifle and just quickly pull the back of the bolt into battery when you need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolandon24

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]