Website
onlygunsandmoney.com
Articles
Member of
NRA, SAF, SCI, DSC
Hunted
South Africa
1721425905547.png

Researchers at the Jenner Institute at Oxford University have developed the first, low-cost, vaccine for malaria. It is now being rolled out to children under the age of 5 in Ivory Coast and South Sudan. It is called the R21/Matrix-M vaccine. The vaccine is supposed to be 75% effective in preventing malaria in children who have been bitten by malaria-carrying mosquitos.

Getting the cost down to about $4 was the key as even $10 was considered too expensive by many of the countries where it is most needed.

This vaccine is not approved yet in the US.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c9r3xxv1n5qo

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...Africa-eradicate-killer-mosquito-illness.html

The GAVI network is sponsoring this rollout. With regard to a similar vaccine for adults, these are in the test phase. Sir Adrian Hill who lead the research into the development of the R21 vaccine said,

“If travellers can afford to go to Africa, they can generally afford to buy antimalarial drugs and take them prophylactically, which they already should be doing.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhillipSal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa