Malaria question

Areaonereal

AH elite
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,021
Reaction score
1,625
Media
2
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Going to the Limpopo province late May. What is the typical preventive for Malaria that the more experienced hunters here utilize, or treatment after. Is it necessary for a preventive. Our PH says there is not much concern in their location, it is more prevalent near Kruger, which is 3 hours east from them. Any help is appreciated. I have checked the CDC website, but do we need to be concerned..
 
Well I found my question in some other posts and the answers were similar to what I had expected. I should have searched before I posted.
 
Mefloquinine is now only partially effective, Larium can have serious side effects. Doxicycline as prophylactic or treatment best. Plus take care of long socks / pants at night and watch for holes in your mossy net !
 
Where in limpopo will you be hunting chances are that you most probably do not need any anti malaria, tablets....

Upon reply i can guarantee that you probably DON'T

MY BEST ALWAYS
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,703
Members
169,827
Latest member
barbosroman878
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top