Looking for Experiences

Gowest

Reaction score
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hello and thank you for letting me join this site!

I like on the west side of Michigan. I've hunted about all of my life (in my upper 40s). The last decade or so I've made at least one trip a year out west and love the vastness of the country. I consider myself more of an experience driven hunter than a trophy hunter. Don't get me wrong, big is big and I'd love to shoot a truly big animal. I just put more weights towards the whole picture. Where the hunt takes place, who I'm hunting with, the shot scenario, the stalk and so on. This is what brought me to this site. I think Africa is the adventure of all adventures with the diversity of terrain and game.

I look forward to learning from everyone, Brian

You are my kind of guy. I have the same preferences.
I live in EU, and I have never hunted in USA, but I would love to, especially with the idea of experiencing the vastness of the country, as you have described.
Welcome to this fine forum!

Good day! Welcome to AH!
Best regards
Johan

:S Welcome:

Welcome from north Georgia, USA !

I hunted Africa first when I was 42.

PM me and I will happily share, my 2 cents.

Hello and thank you for letting me join this site!
Where the hunt takes place, who I'm hunting with, the shot scenario, the stalk and so on.
Welcome aboard! Africa checks all those boxes.

Welcome aboard. The problem here is we will happily tell you how to spend your $ and vacation time. If you're looking for Africa experiences, consider something like a tracking hunt for eland with the Bushmen. Not expensive but life changing.

Welcome aboard. The problem here is we will happily tell you how to spend your $ and vacation time. If you're looking for Africa experiences, consider something like a tracking hunt for eland with the Bushmen. Not expensive but life changing.
Very interesting! Thank you for the suggestion:)

Welcome from a fellow Western Michigander. You will love this place. I am relatively new myself, but have always been welcomed around here. Made my first trip over in March and am already planning 2 trips next year. Learn and enjoy.
Jody
Nice! I live south of GR.

Where and what did you hunt? What are you returning for? Are you hunting the same area or trying something different?

Welcome to this great forum! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to AH!

G’day from Australia.

I’m in it for the experience myself.

I hunted Africa on a Cull hunt and had the experience without the expense. Yes, you need some budget but I didn’t have taxidermy and shipping.

Hello Brian, buy a pair of courteneys, a good hat and come to Africa, Zimbabwe in fact. Hunt, bungee jump off the Victoria Falls bridge, fly a bit ane eat mopane worms. You will love it.

Courtney’s, Bungee and a Pithy (decent hat) sounds like a great experience. As long as you add a hunt.

The worms, what do you wash them down with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiClimps

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg