Lightweight Hard Rifle Case Recommendations

mowen

Reaction score
I recently picked up what is, for me, a rather expensive rifle and am looking for a dedicated case to protect it. The gun in question is a Spencer Carbine and, due to the rather fragile nature of the raised front sight, I think a fitted hard case is the best bet.

My wants are a lightweight, not too long case (rifle is only 39" OAL) with either a cut to fit or pick & pluck foam base. Budget is $150-$250 and it doesn't need to be tsa compliant.

Looking now at the base model Negrinis so I'd be curious to hear experiences with those or other suggestions.

20240703_180933.jpg
20240703_182050.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for showing your beautiful Spencer carbine.

When looking for a rifle case recently I considered the following manufacturers of hard shell cases that seemed suitable for medium duty local use.

Negrini
Browning
SKB
Cabelas
Boyt Harness
Tuffpac
MTM case guard

Eventually the Pelican Vault case was chosen for its multiple layers of foam which I think will be more protective than any of these others, though it is a bit heavier at around 16 pounds.

Maybe you could tell us more about your Spencer and include some more of your fine photography. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVWClevela

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]