Leather care for made up items

#1 of 13

AH member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
37
Reaction score
35
Media
7
Not sure if this has been brought up before, if it has I’m sorry.
Is it ok to rub some kind of leather care product on items that I’ve had made from the hides of the animals I shot last year in Zimbabwe? It just does not seem right to leave them in their natural state. I am talking about rifle bag, ammo belt, messenger bag and a few other little things.
Thank you for your help.
 
I use silicone treatment on my leather hunting boots but for hides, I would check with a taxidermist versed in African skins.
 
Good question!
 
I have found that Obenauf's is great stuff for all leather products. I use the paste on my boots and the liquid I've used on a leather (cow) jacket. It made the jacket look and feel better than new. It darkened the color slightly, but looks great. You can buy it on Amazon or direct.

http://www.obenaufs.com/obenaufs-oil-p/leather-oil-16.htm

upload_2018-1-31_12-35-55.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,323
Messages
1,572,898
Members
169,635
Latest member
DeliaMulle
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top