AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
For my hunt this year, I wanted to get a dedicated belt with 2 ammo slides, one for soft and one for solids. My father has had an ELS culling belt for about 5 years and it's quite nice though rather pricey now. I was hoping to find something about as nice, but hopefully quite a bit less in cost.

I had done some searches on Google, and found some info on Jacques Tredoux in RSA. His site had the offerings I was looking for, so I shot him a note for what I was wanting. I had liked his double prong "Antique" belt and his small (5 cartridge) open top pouches. I informed him they would be for a 460 Wby and I had wanted my initials on the pouches. Jaques was quick with replies and to my amazement, said he would have them ready in about 3-4 days.
4 days later, I woke up to an email with images of the finished product, and was thrilled. Pictures looked great! Jacques sent the invoice, total delivered at the time of ordering, summer 2023, was less than $190 USD to northern Illinois, USA from RSA.

IMG_20230711_130436.jpg

IMG_20230711_130449.jpg

I received them about 5 days after payment and was blown away with the quality. Frankly, they were beyond expectations. Material, construction, and fit and finish were impeccable.

I began practicing with them at home with dry firing and reload drills as well as range time. I wear the buckle in the back and had softs on my right, solids left, an expandable forage/possibles bag on my left rear, and knife (sometimes)on right rear.

Pouch belt pass thrus held in place well, but also slid when desired. Cartridge loops snug, but not overly tight.

I wore this combo for every stalk on my Zim hunt this past month, a true test to workmanship, and still couldn't be happier. It performed as it should have, flawlessly. Simply an extremely well handmade collection of shooting leather that will last.

I wish I had more photos showing it in the field.

20230816_070516.jpg

For those of you looking for Leather shooting accessories, give his site a look and send Jacques an email. I don't want to post his site due to AH rules, but you can Google it I certainly will be ordering some more leather from him.

Disclosure, I have no relation or connection to Jacques Tredoux beyond being a customer. I simply found his site, and took a chance on it and wanted to post an honest review.

For my hunt this year, I wanted to get a dedicated belt with 2 ammo slides, one for soft and one for solids. My father has had an ELS culling belt for about 5 years and it's quite nice though rather pricey now. I was hoping to find something about as nice, but hopefully quite a bit less in cost.

I had done some searches on Google, and found some info on Jacques Tredoux in RSA. His site had the offerings I was looking for, so I shot him a note for what I was wanting. I had liked his double prong "Antique" belt and his small (5 cartridge) open top pouches. I informed him they would be for a 460 Wby and I had wanted my initials on the pouches. Jaques was quick with replies and to my amazement, said he would have them ready in about 3-4 days.
4 days later, I woke up to an email with images of the finished product, and was thrilled. Pictures looked great! Jacques sent the invoice, total delivered at the time of ordering, summer 2023, was less than $190 USD to northern Illinois, USA from RSA.

View attachment 555575

View attachment 555576

I received them about 5 days after payment and was blown away with the quality. Frankly, they were beyond expectations. Material, construction, and fit and finish were impeccable.

I began practicing with them at home with dry firing and reload drills as well as range time. I wear the buckle in the back and had softs on my right, solids left, an expandable forage/possibles bag on my left rear, and knife (sometimes)on right rear.

Pouch belt pass thrus held in place well, but also slid when desired. Cartridge loops snug, but not overly tight.

I wore this combo for every stalk on my Zim hunt this past month, a true test to workmanship, and still couldn't be happier. It performed as it should have, flawlessly. Simply an extremely well handmade collection of shooting leather that will last.

I wish I had more photos showing it in the field.

View attachment 555578

For those of you looking for Leather shooting accessories, give his site a look and send Jacques an email. I don't want to post his site due to AH rules, but you can Google it I certainly will be ordering some more leather from him.

Disclosure, I have no relation or connection to Jacques Tredoux beyond being a customer. I simply found his site, and took a chance on it and wanted to post an honest review.
I have order in for one of his culling belts specifically for .275. Look forward to getting it.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your great gear find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthaMcCl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.