AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
Just wondering what everyone thinks is best for a Kudu wall pedistal. I'm partial to the semi sneak myself.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Semi sneak for me also

Depends on your space.
The novelty and implied action of the semi sneak is attractive.

My next kudu I am going to do something special. I want to take a bunch of pic's of kudu out in the bush this next trip then pick one and have paul at relive do that pose.

Semi-sneak is a toad ... so, I prefer him!

The semi sneak you posted is a much higher quality mount.
I think it really depends on the taxidermist doing the work , both are good poses . Forrest

That is the way mine is and I like it.

The semi sneak you posted is a much higher quality mount.
I think it really depends on the taxidermist doing the work , both are good poses . Forrest

The pictures were provided by the same taxidermist, you'd hope they would be consistent quality!

image.jpg

Head straight up but turned to the right which was how he looked at me when I shot him!

That's what I also try to replicate... HOW was it standing/ looking when the shot was taken?
In general, when you walk onto a kudu, and usually BOTH get a surprise, he will raise up his head and turn slightly to look at what just came in... let's say a 1/2 turn, either left or right.
NOW, where will it hang in the trophy room? ie a LEFT or right TURN... you don't want to walk into the room and see the BACK of the kudus head first... I believe what you refer to as " semi sneak " is the same as a 1/2 turn ( 45 degree)

Aaron, didn't mean to offend you, it is just my opinion. Forrest

I'm a big fan of as much movement as possible so I would go with a semi sneak. The more movement the more realism I think it gives the animal.

Aaron, didn't mean to offend you, it is just my opinion. Forrest

Not offended at all! Sorry for coming off that way

I did the standard for mine as the standard wall pedestal mount and it works well in my room. I did a sneak on my elk and like it too. I cast my vote for standard since that's what I did with my kudu.

Here is my Kudu with the taxidermist mounting it the wrong dirrection. The silver lining is that when I wanted to put the Nyala in the same place they worked out great.
image.jpeg

Get them mounted in the states!

Here is my Kudu with the taxidermist mounting it the wrong dirrection. The silver lining is that when I wanted to put the Nyala in the same place they worked out great.
View attachment 59375
Get them mounted in the states!

Beautiful pair! I was hopig to get my Nyala so that I could do a pedistal of the two of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewfdhdfgsfa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?