Kentucky Elk

Congratulations!
 
This is one of those draws (like sheep) where you hire a local guide. Once in lifetime hunt. I remember an article about a local guide a couple years ago
 
Congrats. Thats a hard tag to draw. Best decide first if you want to use a guide or DIY. Then go from there. Good luck.
Bruce
 
They are only in Eastern Kentucky. Best look at the public land/ elk zone map and make a plan. I recommend a guide if you are from out of state. I have read about DIY hunts being difficult for these elk. Having grown up hunting in the area, I can see why. Poor land access, thick brush, difficult terrain, high pressure make for a challenge.

It’s not like western elk hunts. Glassing is hard because of the density of the forest. It’ll be more like hunting elk the way you’d hunt whitetail.

Good luck.
 
Good Luck, been trying to draw a tag for a while as well. Cant wait to hear about your hunt.
 
No advice but congratulations. I’m in Ohio and just learned about the Kentucky elk draw
 
Congrats on the tag! You're in for a wild ride, good luck.
 
Hello, just saw your thread. I drew cow tag last year, used Lost Mountain Outfitters. Hurley Combs owner and guide has been doing it a long time. Lots of connections to private lands. Even though I’m Kentuckian I used a guide.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,012
Members
169,684
Latest member
inpucnecat1977
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top