Jay from South Africa

Welcome to AH HoggerNaut!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome to AH Jay. Please tell us a little bit about yourself. How long have you been hunting, what kind and caliber rifles do you own? Do you reload? Where in South Africa do you hunt?
 
Welcome to AH Jay. Please tell us a little bit about yourself. How long have you been hunting, what kind and caliber rifles do you own? Do you reload? Where in South Africa do you hunt?

Thanks for the welcome all.

Been hunting for a while. Was born in the Easter Cape and did most of my early hunting there. Have hunted the whole of SA pretty extensively apart from Kwazulu Natal.
Am a Master class pistol shooter in IDPA and shoot a bit if Bisley too. I reload for all my rifles.

Own a few.
My three favorites is a 7x57 mauser, 416 Rigby and then a 300WM that I use on the plains!

Living in SA I have a bit of an advantage and have taken most of the plains game.

I suffer from a love of British rifles with ons brand in particular.
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
HoggerNaut, I'm a pistol shooter too. I shoot Bullseye. Outdoors slow fire at 50 yds. one handed and sustained fire at 25 yds. also one handed. Indoors we shoot at 50 Ft. I am classified by the NRA as a Master shooter. I am also Distinguished. I earned that designation as a civilian, my number is 1039. Roughly 10 per year were awarded over a period of 104 years. You have a well rounded battery of rifles. I used a 35 Whelen (very similar to a 9.3 x 62) and a 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser for my PG hunt last year. I prefer Mauser or Mauser style actions but am not very brand loyal.

Do you have any photos and or stories you'd be willing to share with us?
 
Welcome to AH HoggerNaut! It sounds like you've had a great opportunity to hunt most of South Africa! Man am I jealous!
Some pictures of some of your trophies would be nice to see.
Your rifle battery sounds pretty perfect for SA.
Looking forward to your participation.
 
Welcome to AH.
 
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0768.JPG
IMG_1518.JPG
IMG_6170.JPG
IMG_6436.JPG
IMG_7009.JPG
IMG_6978.JPG

IMG_6904.JPG


A few I had on my phone and a nice old BWB bull my wife took.
IMG_6383.JPG
 
Welcome to AH! Beautiful warthog!!!
 
Very nice! Wow you have some ranges from arm's length to extreme distances to shoot. I understand why you need the 300 Win Mag for those long range shots!
That is awesome that your little lady hunts with you!
 
Welcome to AH.

Do you do any pistol hunting? If so what do you use and for what.
 
Nice pics. thanks for sharing. What's next on the docket? BTW that is some beautiful wood, it is obvious that you have good taste.
 
Welcome to AH.

Do you do any pistol hunting? If so what do you use and for what.

Not really. More with the revo, but not that often as time does not always allow.
Have only shot a Black Wildebeest with pistol. Used Glock 21 in .45ACP. braodside shot and went down in 30m. No meat damage due to very slow bullet.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,377
Messages
1,574,533
Members
170,056
Latest member
LuzBurgin3
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top