is it worth 15 extra hours to fly Qatar vs Delta?

I try to avoid JHB (Johannesburg) at all costs if hunting Zambia, Zimbabwe or Tanzania. I would rather fly Qatar or Emirates and eat and shower in Doha or Dubai on a layover there than spend a night in Johannesburg with all the gun permits and a mess of an airport. In 2021, I had no other choice than to fly to JHB and then to Maun in Botswana for my elephant hunt. Even then I flew Qatar to JHB arriving at 4 AM so I didn’t have to overnight in Johannesburg to connect to my flight to Maun at noon. Bruce from Gracy Travel met me at 4 AM and we claimed my bags because I don’t trust JHB with my bags during long layovers. We rechecked my bags for the flight to Maun and it worked great. Definitely worth the hassle.

I always claim my bags in JHB when I have a layover there longer than a few hours. This procedure saved a lot of hassle for me on my way to Zimbabwe. When I arrived in Harare that evening, I was the only hunter on the plane with a rifle that made the connection. JHB is terrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idgame

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?