Is anyone booking Flights for Next year yet?

Chago

AH fanatic
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Messages
533
Reaction score
1,367
Location
Canada
Media
142
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
5
I had to move my hunt from this May to next May. I noticed SA is now saying they will open to international travelers in February of 21. That seems pretty tight since many borders have had delays in opening. Who has their flights booked and whose waiting to see what happens? I was planning on booking the flights for early May but not convinced it will be open.
 
You could book your flight and purchase travel insurance. I'm waiting until they open to international travelers and domestic flying isn't limited.
 
You could book your flight and purchase travel insurance. I'm waiting until they open to international travelers and domestic flying isn't limited.

ya to be honest the risk is low as I am using points. I have the right to cancel up to 48 hours for full refund. I was more curious to see what others are doing.
 
What are flights costing 1-2 years in advance from east coast U.S.?
 
What are flights costing 1-2 years in advance from east coast U.S.?
To my knowledge you can't book flights 2 years in advance even under normal conditions. And with the virus no one knows what is happening next month, let alone 2 years ahead.
 
I'm scheduled to hunt RSA in June 2021. I contacted my travel agent and she will begin looking at flights in August. As some have stated, there is a limit to how early you can book a flight.
 
Yes I moved mine to late June now. Come July august flights will come up and I'll book.
 
Yes. I am hunting the middle of April 2021. I booked flight to OR then bought travel insurance
 
I don’t fear COVID 19 or anything else as much as I fear being quarantined for 14 days or longer going or coming or both, because somebody on the flight sneezed! We’re at the mercy of airline/airport bureaucrats in other countries. I don’t have unlimited “time off” from work to compensate for this. For me, Africa will have to wait till things become clearer.
 
When it opens up next week, I'll rebook my flight to Romania for next May. Once September open up, I'll look at tickets for TZ next Septmeber
 
I will be looking at Delta flights as soon as June dates open up. Probably mid August and get my tickets booked so I know I can go on dates I want.
 
My safari is booked for July 5 of 2021. I'll be booking once I hit the 11 month window.
 
Our flight was to leave June 30th for J-burg. I am going to wait to see what restrictions the countries have before trying to book for next year. Like others I don’t have unlimited vacation. So if we have to wait till 2022 so be it. Will just have that much more money saved up. Such a hard call to make but who knows what the people controlling this situation are going to pull.
 
I just had our flights cancelled today, supposed to leave next Wed, Vancouver to Toronto on Air Canada then to Joberg on Ethiopian. Of course Air Canada will only offer cancelations with a $450 fee or voucher. Our Boy King has exempted AC, allowing them not to comply with his newly tooted passenger law. What a hypocrite? We took vouchers and have to wait the 330 days before we can rebook, Aug 10 2020??, outfitter trying to make arrangements for July 2021. I will book flights as soon as allowed and available. No telling what's going to happen to flying costs.

MB
 
I foresee seats on flights for 2021 becoming scarce by the end of this year. An awful lot of people that were planning to go this year are going to want to go in 2021. Then you are going to have the normal 2021 group that goes every other year or every third year - as their budgets can allow, like me. This is going to make it like trying to squeeze 1.5 times the normal safari travelers into one season of airline seats (I say 1.5 times instead of 2 times, as there will be people that will just back off do to the uncertainties of the China virus travel woes). Also, there very well could be reduced seating available due to down sizing, or bankruptcies within the airline industry. Probably best to get some seats reserved by fall for next year, and either buy the refundable tickets, or good insurance. I usually buy Travelex insurance and add the "Cancel For No Reason" rider. It allows me to cancel within 48 hours of the trip and get back 75% of what I paid, no questions asked. I am going to insure it anyway, and adding that rider is not that expensive. Well worth having the option....never used it, but nice to have.......
 
I am going late July next year with my personal safari group. We are hunting the Eastern Cape and now have our dates set and deposits paid.
We will look at booking early but will rely on our travel agent for advice in this matter. I’ll be calling Patrick with Travel With Guns agency next month to start planning this part. I agree with @Arctic97 that although there is much uncertainty now, there may be tremendous demand for flights next year. There are still rumors about SAA going out of business and others cutting capacity. For my group we are not going to take too many chances. We will get it booked and buy the travel insurance and do all of this through a travel agent.
Philip
 
Just a heads up. I was on Qatar airlines the other day and they are running their promotional business class fares for some of next year already depending on when and where your destination is. Jennifer at Travel Express was able to get my flights to Johannesburg for May 2021 booked.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,534
Messages
1,578,959
Members
171,491
Latest member
DYDUlrich7
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Soon to be chasing dove and quail in AZ.
Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
Getting some culling done!

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
 
Top