Introducing the Outstanding 8,5x55 Blaser.

Enrico Andreoli

AH member
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
22
Reaction score
119
Media
6
Articles
7
Gentlemen,
I have the pleasure to share this last work, first appeared on my blog months ago.
As Mauser testimonials, we at Mauser Club Italia had the pleasure to work on this new caliber some months before it was available on the market, achieving some first impressions and developing some load before all the ammos were on sale..
It is something that doesn't happens every day...
Hope you enjoy the work.
Best regards.

Enrico Andreoli.


20221202_152529.jpg
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.10 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.10 PM Large.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 375
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.11 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.11 PM Large.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 417
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.12 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.12 PM Large.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 431
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.14 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.14 PM Large.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 520
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.15 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.33.15 PM Large.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen,
I have the pleasure to share this last work, first appeared on my blog months ago.
As Mauser testimonials, we at Mauser Club Italia had the pleasure to work on this new caliber some months before it was available on the market, achieving some first impressions and developing some load before all the ammos were on sale..
It is something that doesn't happens every day...
Hope you enjoy the work.
Best regards.

Enrico Andreoli.

Should be a good cartridge. After all it seems like it will do almost anything a .338 has been doing better for almost seventy years. :cool:
 
It looks like the key features of the cartridge are twofold:

1.) Short length for a shorter bolt throw than 8x68
2.) Powder type and bullet weight designed to stabilize in short barrels to be fitted with suppressors

I wonder if it will catch on in the USA in the future?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.25 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.25 PM Large.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 379
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.27 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.27 PM Large.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 353
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.28 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.28 PM Large.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 322
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.29 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.29 PM Large.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 316
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.31 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.31 PM Large.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 355
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.32 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.32 PM Large.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 333
  • Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.33 PM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 5.34.33 PM Large.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 339
Have a feeling it will enjoy the warm welcome that the 8mm REM Mag received here! Now if they named it the 8.5 Creedmore, stand out of the way so you don’t get trampled to death.
Good article though, thanks for posting.
 
I want to know what Franz Albrecht thinks of the round...
 
Looks fun and useful...........but I won't get rid of my 325 WSM for this fairly similar round.......thanks for posting............FWB
 
Looks like Blazer designed a round for their R8, should be a solid performing med bore. It looks like a bit fatter 338RCM.
 
So, is it a step up from the 9.3x57?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,881
Members
169,458
Latest member
knoxverse
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top